New Projector Headlights Wiring Problem - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Interior & Exterior Styling Talk about Chevy Cobalt interior and exterior products such as body kits, spoilers, steering wheels, shift knobs, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-30-2013, 09:22 PM Thread Starter
Newcomer

New Projector Headlights Wiring Problem

So I purchased some halo projector headlights for my 2007 cobalt ls and wired them up but the strip of LEDs at the bottom of the lights and the halos are not working at all. All lights work fine except those, they don't even turn on. I bought these lights used but they were barely used over a few months and the lights worked fine before so it is probably something with wiring. I wired the white/red wires to the brown wire (parking lights) on the headlight harness and the black wires to the black wire on the headlight harness. Any one have any ideas for me to get the halos and LEDs working??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-30-2013, 09:28 PM
Cobalt Master
Staff Alumni
YourCobalt of the Quarter Winner
YourCobalt of the Month Winner

Solder em.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-30-2013, 09:38 PM Thread Starter
Newcomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCR3AMz View Post
Solder em.
I'm just afraid the wires are bad to the halos and LEDs or something. They are connected just like the others with clips that clamp the wires together. How could I test to see if the lights even work? I physically touched the wires together and got nothing

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-30-2013, 09:49 PM
Cobalt Master
Staff Alumni
YourCobalt of the Quarter Winner
YourCobalt of the Month Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by samatwwe View Post
I'm just afraid the wires are bad to the halos and LEDs or something. They are connected just like the others with clips that clamp the wires together. How could I test to see if the lights even work? I physically touched the wires together and got nothing
Touch the hot wire to the fuse box poll under the Hood and the the ground wire to a ground bolt and that will tell you if there bad or not if they light up or flicker but if nothing then you should of gotten new headlights..not to be a dick about just saying..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode