Heated Seats Wiring - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Interior & Exterior Styling Talk about Chevy Cobalt interior and exterior products such as body kits, spoilers, steering wheels, shift knobs, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-18-2014, 10:07 PM Thread Starter
Forum Regular

Garage
Heated Seats Wiring

So i've tried looking around and found a lot of dead ends. I just bought a full leather interior for my cobalt out of a sport model for a steal of $200. The front seats are heated with the switch coming out of the bottom. I was wondering if anyone had any sort of diagram? Or any help with adding the feature? Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-19-2014, 03:02 AM
Super Moderator
YourCobalt.com Premium Member

Garage
I already gave all this info to rains_crusader he was going to make a "how to" I believe. He got his working.

Every minute spent angry is a happy minute lost for ever and ever!!!
Drives 2016 Cocoa Buick Encore 1.4L Turbo auto KL4CJDSB2GB652675
Drives 2016 Sunset Orange Trax LT1 1.4L Turbo auto 3GNCJPSB8GL142716

Never drive faster than your guardian angel can fly

Last edited by Coby7; 03-19-2014 at 03:06 AM.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-19-2014, 05:29 AM
Staff Alumni

Garage
hope so lol, my G/F got heated seats for her SS and we gave up, I know you need to plug some stuff into the the BCM pin, but we had 2 guys from our club helping out and they still dont work...

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-19-2014, 02:18 PM
Veteran

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecarl09 View Post
So i've tried looking around and found a lot of dead ends. I just bought a full leather interior for my cobalt out of a sport model for a steal of $200. The front seats are heated with the switch coming out of the bottom. I was wondering if anyone had any sort of diagram? Or any help with adding the feature? Thanks!

what do you mean "with the switch coming out the bottom"?

the switches are connected to the dash harness while the seats get connected to the body harness.

I got a complete dash and body harness from a 2007 that had the heated seat option. if you do this like i did, you'll need to pull the heated seat circuit wiring from the donor harness. re-wrap those wires then disassemble your interior to run your heated seat harness along your current harness. you'll need to pull your seats and console so you can roll back your carpeting. Then you need to disassemble your dash to gain access to your dash harness.
Insert the pins into the mating connectors where the body harness connects to the dash harness (at each end of the dash passenger and driver side), insert a pin into the bcm for power, ground your harnesses(one ground for the body portion, one ground for the dash portion), insert a pin into the bcm for switch backlighting and finally run a power wire through the firewall and up into the under hood fuse block.

I never did make a proper how to for this install. If I disassemble again for something else, I'll take photos and write one up. I have about 20 hours in this job. that includes everything from pulling the donor harness, separating and wrapping the relevant wires, disassembling my interior, installing the heated seat harness and reassembling everything.

Its a big job but its simple. It just takes time to do everything right.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode