Tow Hook Question - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Interior & Exterior Styling Talk about Chevy Cobalt interior and exterior products such as body kits, spoilers, steering wheels, shift knobs, etc.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 27 (permalink) Old 04-05-2014, 04:32 PM Thread Starter
Contributor

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to ChevyCobaltLS
Tow Hook Question

they arent actually functional are they, and where can i find some, they look cool :D

First Car: 2007 Cobalt LS [SOLD]
Current Car: 2009 Cobalt SS Sedan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 27 (permalink) Old 04-05-2014, 04:50 PM
YourCobalt of the Month WinnerForum God

Powell makes them, they are functional, pulling the car say out of a ditch or if it's stuck in snow, maybe winching it onto a flatbed.

2009 Cobalt LS XFE (F23) Victory Red
YYZ V.3 Springs, Koni shocks/struts, Powell XXX rear swaybar, Brembo brake swap, 5 lug conversion, Ion Redline wheels, SS/SC interior swap including power conversion, K&N intake, Trifecta tune, Ark Performance N-II catback, Ark shorty antenna, SS body kit, Powell F23 rotated mount, LNF rear mount, Powell CABs
Soon to come- EFR 6758 turbo kit and make Retro Headlights.
post #3 of 27 (permalink) Old 04-05-2014, 04:54 PM
Cobalt Master
Staff Alumni
YourCobalt of the Quarter Winner
YourCobalt of the Month Winner

post #4 of 27 (permalink) Old 04-05-2014, 04:56 PM Thread Starter
Contributor

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to ChevyCobaltLS
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewcarr1993 View Post
Powell makes them, they are functional, pulling the car say out of a ditch or if it's stuck in snow, maybe winching it onto a flatbed.
they wouldnt rip right off? :p :o

First Car: 2007 Cobalt LS [SOLD]
Current Car: 2009 Cobalt SS Sedan
post #5 of 27 (permalink) Old 04-05-2014, 05:12 PM
YourCobalt of the Month WinnerForum God

Nope, Powell's only replaced two, one he warrantied because the metal got stretched but didn't break. The other the guy had to buy a new one because he jacked up his car off of the plate and it bent, it's made for horizontal forces not vertical.

I have a set to install, mainly so if I get stuck in the winter I won't be crawling under the car.

2009 Cobalt LS XFE (F23) Victory Red
YYZ V.3 Springs, Koni shocks/struts, Powell XXX rear swaybar, Brembo brake swap, 5 lug conversion, Ion Redline wheels, SS/SC interior swap including power conversion, K&N intake, Trifecta tune, Ark Performance N-II catback, Ark shorty antenna, SS body kit, Powell F23 rotated mount, LNF rear mount, Powell CABs
Soon to come- EFR 6758 turbo kit and make Retro Headlights.
post #6 of 27 (permalink) Old 04-05-2014, 06:20 PM
Cobalt Master
Staff Alumni
YourCobalt of the Quarter Winner
YourCobalt of the Month Winner

I love my tow hook it's sexy!!!

post #7 of 27 (permalink) Old 04-05-2014, 07:08 PM
Contributor

I finally buckled and got a set on the way too. I always thought putting a tow hook on your car is like setting a fire extinguisher on the kitchen counter before you start cooking lol
Not that I plan to go off the track now, but I figure with how low the car is and all the mud if you do go off at my local road track, I owe it to the track crew to make their job easier and as or more importantly, prevent any damage to my car. Just in case. Hope I never have to use them lol

Black 2010 SS/TC G85 | ZFR6758 | Term2 tuned | 479whp, 470wtq | Built internals | Cryo'd 4.45 | CM S4 clutch | Hahn CP | ZZP IC | Forge BPV | Hahn 3 DP and Catback | Hahn CAI | Ported head & intake | LE5 TB | Opel injectors + custom 5th injector | ZZP S3 cams | 82# valve springs | 420lph E85 LPFP | Custom FM oil cooler | PRS YYZ v3 & Koni yellows | PRS XXX bar | PRS rotated mounts, rear bushings & TCABS | PRS PCV | PRS Racing oil pan | PRS brake ducts
post #8 of 27 (permalink) Old 04-05-2014, 07:19 PM
Gawd of Thunda!
YourCobalt.com Premium Member

Send a message via Skype™ to SpeedyCobalt
a buddy of mine makes them to, and he custom engraves them! 2 for 100 or 1 for 75$ also sells in different colors

2005 Stealth grey metallic 2DR Standard Base Model
2006 Burnt Orange 2DR Standard SS
MY SHOWOFF THREAD

post #9 of 27 (permalink) Old 04-05-2014, 08:00 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
It looks ricey to me. Most cars I see with those hooks have never seen a track and likely never will. It's too flashy for my taste.

When I get stuck, I use my old steel traction aids. They've bailed me out many times before.

'07 Eclipse GT build thread - 280whp, 254wtq
post #10 of 27 (permalink) Old 04-05-2014, 08:47 PM
Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plain Jane View Post
It looks ricey to me. Most cars I see with those hooks have never seen a track and likely never will. It's too flashy for my taste.

When I get stuck, I use my old steel traction aids. They've bailed me out many times before.
That's why mine will be black (like my car) and I'll likely take them off when not at the track. Everything on my car is function > form

Black 2010 SS/TC G85 | ZFR6758 | Term2 tuned | 479whp, 470wtq | Built internals | Cryo'd 4.45 | CM S4 clutch | Hahn CP | ZZP IC | Forge BPV | Hahn 3 DP and Catback | Hahn CAI | Ported head & intake | LE5 TB | Opel injectors + custom 5th injector | ZZP S3 cams | 82# valve springs | 420lph E85 LPFP | Custom FM oil cooler | PRS YYZ v3 & Koni yellows | PRS XXX bar | PRS rotated mounts, rear bushings & TCABS | PRS PCV | PRS Racing oil pan | PRS brake ducts
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode