What Brand of Tire Shine Do You Use? - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Interior & Exterior Styling Talk about Chevy Cobalt interior and exterior products such as body kits, spoilers, steering wheels, shift knobs, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-02-2014, 12:29 AM Thread Starter
Veteran

Garage
What Brand of Tire Shine Do You Use?

I can't seem to keep my tires shiny with black magic tire shine foam. I'd like to have an extreme wet look that lasts more than a couple of days.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-02-2014, 06:36 AM
Staff Alumni

Garage
I use this stuff, It's a squeeze bottle, you apply it to an applicator boot and rub it on, takes a tad longer than a spray but the benefits are so worth it.

* Only costs like $12...one bottle lasts me for-EVER, i think I've been on the same bottle for a year now...seriously, you dont need to use much at all per use, but the bottles quite large

*it gives the tires a super deep black glossy look, it stays on the wheels for days! even lasts through a rain here or there and it's not a spray so it wont go everywhere.

*b4 anyone gets on me about armor all I know there dash stuff is crap but I've been using this tire shine since I had my old black car and absolutely love this stuff.

post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-02-2014, 01:10 PM
YourCobalt of the Month WinnerExpert

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to ssscgirl
meguiairs or armour all

---------- Post added at 04:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:05 PM ----------

meguiairs for all my cleaning NEEDS ,armour all, I dont like it ANYMORE .i used to use all the time (armour all)

2006 ss/sc G85 package K&n typhoon, Stage 2 Hurst sts
drilled and slotted rotors, painted calipers poly trans mounts 3'pulley.new megan exhaust new black headlights with hids

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-02-2014, 02:43 PM
Forum Regular

Garage
black magic titanium is really good. bottles last a long time.

'08 LS Sedan - Gen 1 headlights/debadged/tinted tails/pioneer deh-4900ib/Stock front - Kicker ks6930 rear/2 Kicker 10" subs in kicker factory box/kenwood 1000.1 amp
'99 Plymouth Neon Ex - depo projectors/tinted tails/ 3.0l cold air intake/megan short header/gutted cat/Flowmaster 80 series muffler/hondata intake gasket/17" rims -205/40/17 federal 595's/full painted interior - trade in for cobalt
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-02-2014, 03:31 PM
Forum God

Garage
I use this natural look.

Not greasy, or runny, or foamy, or makes the tire look stupid shiny and goofy.

http://www.amazon.com/Turtle-Wax-T-602-Platinum-Natural/dp/B006ZS28Q0/ref=sr_1_18?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1399069733&sr=1-18
It's fantastic.

You should be able to get it at your local auto parts store last I checked. Spray it on a towel, apply to clean tire and enjoy.

The Racekar - SOLD!: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fIW9XK_WMR4
2007 Cashmere Metallic Chevy Cobalt LT Sedan...totaled 04/11/2011
2010 VR Cobalt 2LT Sedan Debadged, ZZP Intake, Custom 2.5" Exhaust/Borla Pro XS, FE5 Bidnez with KSport Springs.
Previously dumped on BC Xtreme Low's...RIP LOWLYFE :(
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-02-2014, 05:35 PM
Staff Alumni

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshmac View Post
black magic titanium is really good. bottles last a long time.
I use whatever is on sale but lately its been this black magic stuff and it works extremely well

2009 Ford Escape Limited - 3.0L, 6 speed auto, 4x4, 25/33 city/hwy imp mpg.
2017 F150 XLT-XTR - 5.0L, 4x4, 3.55's, E-locker, xtr chrome package, fx4 off-road package.
20/25 imp mpg
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-02-2014, 06:59 PM
Contributor

I basically use exclusively Adam's products on all my cars. Because he's a great guy and a good friend, his warehouse is just down the road from me, and (most importantly) everything he sells is 100% awesomeness.

I'm not a big fan of the high gloss tire shine, which makes the SVRT (Super Vinyl and Rubber Dressing) perfect for me.

And I'll admit that I go a bit overboard sometimes. As evidenced by the following pictures. I have 3 sets of tires for the balt and yes, when they're off the car I can't help myself and dress them top to bottom lol

Black 2010 SS/TC G85 | ZFR6758 | Term2 tuned | 479whp, 470wtq | Built internals | Cryo'd 4.45 | CM S4 clutch | Hahn CP | ZZP IC | Forge BPV | Hahn 3 DP and Catback | Hahn CAI | Ported head & intake | LE5 TB | Opel injectors + custom 5th injector | ZZP S3 cams | 82# valve springs | 420lph E85 LPFP | Custom FM oil cooler | PRS YYZ v3 & Koni yellows | PRS XXX bar | PRS rotated mounts, rear bushings & TCABS | PRS PCV | PRS Racing oil pan | PRS brake ducts
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-02-2014, 09:04 PM
Staff Alumni

Garage
yeah it really is "to each his own" on this one OP, it all comes down to what you want, I personally love the super shiny wet black look on a tire, like it's actually wet, but some dont, this is what the armorall makes my tires look like, and it stays lookin like that for a while. I hate sprays that fly everywhere and make a mess, this is applied with an applicator.

post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-03-2014, 06:41 AM
Veteran

Garage
Black magic tire spray

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode