As some of you may know, ive slowly been working on making a set of retrofits for quite a while... started buying the parts back in december or january.... Anyways, i finally got around to making some progress on them..
started off the same as any other retrofit..... into the oven with the lights...
It seems like everywhere i read had a different temp listed as what to preheat the oven to.... i put it on 215, put the lights in for 5 minutes at a time and slowly went to work taking them apart....
Next step after getting them all apart was to cut the reflector bowls to fit the EvoX-R projectors. easy enough job, still need to go back and clean up the cut a little bit so the projector sits a little better though...
and then the second as well...
Next came the hard part, I didn't want to go with the matchbox projectors for my quad projector setup so the only other option was the mini H1s and alot of cutting.... first i ground down the edge of the projector from this
I know it doesn't look like much, but every little bit helped in making enough room to put these in there...
next step was modifying the actual headlight housing itself.... first step was to cut this bump off so i could test fit the projector and see exactly how much material was going to have to be removed...
Then i cut the hole for the bulb a little more to the outside to allow the projector to point straight forward, and also ground a little plastic out from the side where the projector will be touching to make enough room
After that, i had to cut out the reflector enough to allow the projector to sit back in there all the way and then trimmed the shroud down enough for it to fit
managed to get quite a bit done today, got everything all trimmed up and got all my cuts cleaned up nicely then all of the chrome looking stuff took a bath in some bleach....
In less than 5 minutes all of the chrome was off- Straight bleach FTW!
Then i even managed to get most of the stuff painted as well!
please keep in mind, the projectors and shrouds aren't mounted in there.... they are just kinda sitting in there for a picture
Not done yet, still got quite a bit of work to do to them yet
----------Time for finishing touches-------------
Turn signals(click for video)
Still a few little things left to do, also i didn't like how the smaller projectors were mounted so i took them off to redo them, got a 4 day weekend though so i should be able to get quite a bit finished up
--------SEALED BACK UP-------------
Got the headlights themselves all finished up tonight, just gotta mess with some resistors and capacitors and stuff to get the turn signals to work flawlessly. Also gotta run a switch for the mini H1's so they aren't on all the time although im quite satisfied with their cutoff.... Then its just time to pull my bumper off and run all of my wiring, then they will finally be in
Anywho..... heres a few more pics
parking lights on...
All sealed up nothing on
without the mini H1 on, the orange is a bit brighter in person but my phone didn't wanna pick it up...
Cutoff with them both on the mini H1 is redish because the shields were painted.... and i kinda hate how the cutoff for the mini is so curved but whatever..... i would like to think they were aimed fairly well though...
Also, keep in mind this pic isn't with the headlight actually bolted in, it is sitting up on top of the engine and the car wasn't on level ground either but it still shows the cutoff of the two
Youtube video of turn signals...... Pontiac G5 Sequential turn signal retrofit headlights - YouTube
----------ALL FINISHED UP-----------
Sorry the pics aren't the greatest quality but thats all you get for now!!