Headrest, seatcovers - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Interior & Exterior Styling Talk about Chevy Cobalt interior and exterior products such as body kits, spoilers, steering wheels, shift knobs, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-08-2014, 08:14 PM Thread Starter
Initiate

Headrest, seatcovers

I want to get some seat covers fro my 2007 cobalt ls coupe front seats but the head rests need to come off and I've tried to get them off but i cant and i just want to know if its even possible thanks.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-08-2014, 08:40 PM
YourCobalt of the Month WinnerForum God

Yes push the button, also if you're near Buffalo NY I have a set of SS/SC seats for sale.

2009 Cobalt LS XFE (F23) Victory Red
YYZ V.3 Springs, Koni shocks/struts, Powell XXX rear swaybar, Brembo brake swap, 5 lug conversion, Ion Redline wheels, SS/SC interior swap including power conversion, K&N intake, Trifecta tune, Ark Performance N-II catback, Ark shorty antenna, SS body kit, Powell F23 rotated mount, LNF rear mount, Powell CABs
Soon to come- EFR 6758 turbo kit and make Retro Headlights.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-08-2014, 09:28 PM
Cobalt Master

you have the button on the one side and then theres a pinhole on the other side that you have to push in as well and it will pull right out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plain Jane View Post
Speed isn't everything. Sometimes, you just need a little style and flare in your motoring.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-09-2014, 05:19 AM Thread Starter
Initiate

Alright cool thanks

post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-16-2014, 06:50 AM
Forum Regular

so i have an 06 and for some reason the front seat bottoms are getting stained. i did notice the front of the bottom cushions are not attached to anything but have not removed the seats yet to see why. what i want to do is take the bottoms off and wash them so do they remove easy enough? my guess is i have to remove the complete seat unit and that looks easy just 2 bolts in the back on the floor and they tip and slide out. thanks

post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-16-2014, 12:32 PM
Veteran

Garage
Headrest, seatcovers

Quote:
Originally Posted by corvairbob View Post
so i have an 06 and for some reason the front seat bottoms are getting stained. i did notice the front of the bottom cushions are not attached to anything but have not removed the seats yet to see why. what i want to do is take the bottoms off and wash them so do they remove easy enough? my guess is i have to remove the complete seat unit and that looks easy just 2 bolts in the back on the floor and they tip and slide out. thanks
These seats stain very easily. Even water leaves a ring/mark. Your best bet would be to take your car somewhere and have them steam cleaned. The seat covers have a foam backing attached to the back side. If you put them in the wash, you'd probably destroy that foam backing.

It is easy to remove the seat covers though. Remove the seats from the car, like you said, by removing those two bolts. Remove the 4 bolts holding the seat base to the frame assembly. The cover is held in place in each size by plastic channel clips. Once those are released, there are clips on the top side below the seat seams. Carefully pull those out and your cover is off.

Last edited by rains_crusader; 11-16-2014 at 02:21 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode