Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts

-   Interior & Exterior Styling (https://www.yourcobalt.com/forums/interior-exterior-styling/)
-   -   Muffler (https://www.yourcobalt.com/forums/interior-exterior-styling/64738-muffler.html)

BlckOutCobalt95 09-22-2014 09:06 PM

Muffler

I am thinking about getting a dc sport muffler to replace my ugly stock one and to match my dc sport cold air intake on my cobalt Ls but i dont want to make it sound like a rice car or annoying honda lol i just want it loud enough for people to hear and not sound like im trying to hard, so what would sound better just taking off just my stock muffler or replacing it with the one?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Batmobile 09-22-2014 09:16 PM

30 Attachment(s)
Before I got a cat - back, I had a "fart can" and I loved the way it sounded. I got it mainly for looks because the stock muffler is hideous. How much $ is the one you're looking at? And do you know a shop that can weld it on for cheap?

BlckOutCobalt95 09-23-2014 05:42 AM

Yeah i do and its about 50$, i just dont want it to have a popping sound like alot of these cheap Hondas do

Plain Jane 09-23-2014 06:00 AM

51 Attachment(s)
I'd highly recommend skipping the muffler and investing in a GMPP catback. The sound is rich, deep and has none of that raspyness to it. Best sound you'll ever get out of an NA 2.2. However, it is significantly more than $50.

Batmobile 09-23-2014 10:00 AM

30 Attachment(s)
I agree with P J. that is why I asked about the price. You can get a catback for a reasonable price off eBay or whatnot.

BlckOutCobalt95 09-23-2014 12:59 PM

Well i just want to know what would sound better with the 2 options i gave