Difference Between 2 Dr Seats and 4 Dr Seats - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Interior & Exterior Styling Talk about Chevy Cobalt interior and exterior products such as body kits, spoilers, steering wheels, shift knobs, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-08-2014, 10:41 AM Thread Starter
Forum Regular

Difference Between 2 Dr Seats and 4 Dr Seats

Is there a difference between the front seats of a four door Cobalt versus a two door Cobalt? I used to work in the petroleum industry and have oil stains on both seats. I wanted to replace the seats but every junk yard seems to, for whatever reason, NOT have a 2 door cobalt, but instead have copious amounts of four doors. I don't understand this phenomenon, but it is what it is. So, I'd just like to know if I could put the seats from a four door into my two door Cobalt.

"Remember not to litter,
spay or neuter your critter."
Strangest road sign ever.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-08-2014, 10:50 AM
YourCobalt of the Month WinnerForum God

Yes, if I remember correctly the back seats are slightly different, I believe less cushioning so you sit lower for headroom, and if we're talking about the LNF the front seats in the coupe have lumbar adjustment and in the sedan they don't. Base model seats never had lumbar adjustment anyways though.

2009 Cobalt LS XFE (F23) Victory Red
YYZ V.3 Springs, Koni shocks/struts, Powell XXX rear swaybar, Brembo brake swap, 5 lug conversion, Ion Redline wheels, SS/SC interior swap including power conversion, K&N intake, Trifecta tune, Ark Performance N-II catback, Ark shorty antenna, SS body kit, Powell F23 rotated mount, LNF rear mount, Powell CABs
Soon to come- EFR 6758 turbo kit and make Retro Headlights.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-08-2014, 11:01 AM Thread Starter
Forum Regular

Well I've got an LT that has a lumbar adjustment. The seats that I found were manual everything, as are the seats in my car. For whatever reason, the seats are the ONLY things that aren't automatic in my car. At any rate, the guy at the junkyard said he thinks there's a slight difference between the coupe seats and the sedan seats. And yes, I'm referring to the front seats only. Who really cares about the back seats? If any one's riding back there, it means you probably don't like them much any way. Hahaha, I kid I kid.

Also, thanks for the speedy reply.

"Remember not to litter,

Last edited by The_X; 10-08-2014 at 11:05 AM.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-08-2014, 12:16 PM

Just look at them, if they have the lumbar adjustment they are completely the same, any front seats bolt right in.

YYZ V.3 Springs, Koni shocks/struts, Powell XXX rear swaybar, Brembo brake swap, 5 lug conversion, Ion Redline wheels, SS/SC interior swap including power conversion, K&N intake, Trifecta tune, Ark Performance N-II catback, Ark shorty antenna, SS body kit, Powell F23 rotated mount, LNF rear mount, Powell CABs
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-08-2014, 12:18 PM
Forum Regular

Well, it would surprise me if the seats are so different between coupe and sedan that they aren't interchangeable. How much are they charging for it? Is there a return policy you can utilize if they don't fit? Might be worth it to try anyway if you're in a hurry.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-08-2014, 01:00 PM

They do fit, I'm 100% sure front coupe to sedan seats, only thing I could see you running into is some seats have a different seat sensor, happened to me going from Base to SS/SC to SS/TC the Base and SS/SC passenger seats have the same sensor which is different than the SS/TC passenger seats and I have to have it calibrated by the dealer.

post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-08-2014, 01:41 PM Thread Starter
Forum Regular

Oh no, I'm avoiding the dealer at ALL possible costs after they more or less ruined my car doing the ignition recall, then covered their a**es accordingly.
@JustinW the guy at the scrapyard is asking $60 a piece. If they're in good condition, there's no way I can pass that up.

"Remember not to litter,

Last edited by The_X; 10-09-2014 at 10:07 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode