Chevy Cobalt Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ion Redline Seat Swap, Airbag Sensor On

5K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  shooter182 
#1 ·
I swapped leather recaros from an ion, into a 06LS coupe and now my air bag light is on.

a few questions..

1. Will the airbags still go off incase of an accident?
2. Ive read a few threads about swapped seats and I keep seeing that for the passenger seat will have to put in a pressure pad of some sort? along with a wire harness? Does anyone have any input on how to do this and what the part numbers would be?

For these impaticular seats, there is 2 wires coming from the driver seat with an actual harness with about 4 wires coming from the car

The passenger seat has no wires coming from the seat and 2 wires coming from the car.

Any sort of input or information/ install would be greatly appreciated!!

#2 ·
I have the SS/SC Recaros in my car. Those seats didn't come with a passenger weight sensor, whereas my '07 factory seats did. I was able to find someone selling the weight sensor/pad on CSS.net, and it wasn't overly difficult to install (lack of injury, though - another story - lots of sharp metal there). It would connect right up to the factory harness coming out of the floor.

This is the one I bought:

#4 ·
Just the passenger airbag, it's stupid you'd think default would be on not off.

#5 ·
No - it defaults to off for a reason - and the same reason that it turns off if there is no passenger in the vehicle. When the passenger airbag blows, it will break the windshield as well as the top pad on the IP.

#7 ·
Sweet! Thanks guys for the help!! With the pressure pad do I just need that for the passenger seat or for both seats??

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.