Ion Redline Seat Swap, Airbag Sensor On - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Interior & Exterior Styling Talk about Chevy Cobalt interior and exterior products such as body kits, spoilers, steering wheels, shift knobs, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-12-2014, 12:42 AM Thread Starter
Prospect

Garage
Ion Redline Seat Swap, Airbag Sensor On

I swapped leather recaros from an ion, into a 06LS coupe and now my air bag light is on.

a few questions..

1. Will the airbags still go off incase of an accident?
2. Ive read a few threads about swapped seats and I keep seeing that for the passenger seat will have to put in a pressure pad of some sort? along with a wire harness? Does anyone have any input on how to do this and what the part numbers would be?

For these impaticular seats, there is 2 wires coming from the driver seat with an actual harness with about 4 wires coming from the car

The passenger seat has no wires coming from the seat and 2 wires coming from the car.

Any sort of input or information/ install would be greatly appreciated!!

Taken Down....

Dodge Dart Ralley Edition
Acura RSX Type S (2x lol)
Saturn ION Redline
VW Jetta 1.8T
Honda Civic SI
Scion TC
Dodge Dakota (lol)

. . . it will continue to grow.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-12-2014, 06:09 AM
Say What again!
YourCobalt of the Month Winner
YourCobalt.com Premium Member

Garage
I have the SS/SC Recaros in my car. Those seats didn't come with a passenger weight sensor, whereas my '07 factory seats did. I was able to find someone selling the weight sensor/pad on CSS.net, and it wasn't overly difficult to install (lack of injury, though - another story - lots of sharp metal there). It would connect right up to the factory harness coming out of the floor.

This is the one I bought:

1986 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z - Wrecked/Sold
1998 Chevrolet Cavalier - Wrecked/Donated
2007 Chevrolet Cobalt LT - M62 Supercharger, Ported Throttle Body, 42 lb/hr Injectors, Intense 2.9" Pulley, Cobra Heat Exchanger, SS/TC Exhaust, TTR Engine and Trans Mounts, Trifecta Tune, ZZP Header and Downpipe, '08+ FE5 Struts/Shocks, SSC Springs, FE5 Control Arms, SS/SC Front Swaybar, Powell Hardcore Rear Swaybar, 18" MSR 045s, Dunlop ZIIs, Nightshaded Tails/Side Markers, Shorty Antenna, Black Bowties, Black Grilles, Black Headlights, Dual JL 12" w1v2 Subs, A/D/S Front/Rear Speakers, Pioneer 7" Touchscreen, G85 Recaros, Leather Rear Seats, 160 MPH Cluster.
2014 Chevrolet Cruze Diesel - 17" MSR 013s, Black Bowties, Black Tails, UR Rear Lower Bar
1981 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 - JVC Ribbon Tweeters, SEAS Mids, Pyle Woofers, Kenwood Tape Deck, Zapco Amp/Equilizer, Ceramic-Coated Longtubes, 2.5" Pypes Stainless Exhaust, Bilstein B6 Shocks, GW U/L Control Arms, Hotchkis Springs Sway Bars, DD HDX Cluster
2017 Chevrolet Volt LT - Black Bowties
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-12-2014, 05:33 PM
Staff Alumni

Garage
yeah I swapped out my old 2.4 seats for Ion seats, had to take the pass seats sensor outta the old seats and transplant it into the ion seats, super easy to do .

IIRC the airbags wont go off so you want to get this fixed

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-12-2014, 05:40 PM
YourCobalt of the Month WinnerForum God

Just the passenger airbag, it's stupid you'd think default would be on not off.

2009 Cobalt LS XFE (F23) Victory Red
YYZ V.3 Springs, Koni shocks/struts, Powell XXX rear swaybar, Brembo brake swap, 5 lug conversion, Ion Redline wheels, SS/SC interior swap including power conversion, K&N intake, Trifecta tune, Ark Performance N-II catback, Ark shorty antenna, SS body kit, Powell F23 rotated mount, LNF rear mount, Powell CABs
Soon to come- EFR 6758 turbo kit and make Retro Headlights.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-13-2014, 06:58 AM
Say What again!
YourCobalt of the Month Winner
YourCobalt.com Premium Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewcarr1993 View Post
Just the passenger airbag, it's stupid you'd think default would be on not off.
No - it defaults to off for a reason - and the same reason that it turns off if there is no passenger in the vehicle. When the passenger airbag blows, it will break the windshield as well as the top pad on the IP.

1986 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z - Wrecked/Sold
1998 Chevrolet Cavalier - Wrecked/Donated
2007 Chevrolet Cobalt LT - M62 Supercharger, Ported Throttle Body, 42 lb/hr Injectors, Intense 2.9" Pulley, Cobra Heat Exchanger, SS/TC Exhaust, TTR Engine and Trans Mounts, Trifecta Tune, ZZP Header and Downpipe, '08+ FE5 Struts/Shocks, SSC Springs, FE5 Control Arms, SS/SC Front Swaybar, Powell Hardcore Rear Swaybar, 18" MSR 045s, Dunlop ZIIs, Nightshaded Tails/Side Markers, Shorty Antenna, Black Bowties, Black Grilles, Black Headlights, Dual JL 12" w1v2 Subs, A/D/S Front/Rear Speakers, Pioneer 7" Touchscreen, G85 Recaros, Leather Rear Seats, 160 MPH Cluster.
2014 Chevrolet Cruze Diesel - 17" MSR 013s, Black Bowties, Black Tails, UR Rear Lower Bar
1981 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 - JVC Ribbon Tweeters, SEAS Mids, Pyle Woofers, Kenwood Tape Deck, Zapco Amp/Equilizer, Ceramic-Coated Longtubes, 2.5" Pypes Stainless Exhaust, Bilstein B6 Shocks, GW U/L Control Arms, Hotchkis Springs Sway Bars, DD HDX Cluster
2017 Chevrolet Volt LT - Black Bowties
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-13-2014, 05:53 PM
Staff Alumni

Garage
kinda dumb theirs no override in the DIC or something.

post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-15-2014, 02:16 PM Thread Starter
Prospect

Garage
Sweet! Thanks guys for the help!! With the pressure pad do I just need that for the passenger seat or for both seats??

Taken Down....

Dodge Dart Ralley Edition
Acura RSX Type S (2x lol)
Saturn ION Redline
VW Jetta 1.8T
Honda Civic SI
Scion TC
Dodge Dakota (lol)

. . . it will continue to grow.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread