Passenger Seat Adjustment Bar Broken - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Interior & Exterior Styling Talk about Chevy Cobalt interior and exterior products such as body kits, spoilers, steering wheels, shift knobs, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-02-2014, 05:28 PM Thread Starter
Forum Regular

Passenger Seat Adjustment Bar Broken

So I was trying to move my passenger seat forward when the adjustment bar came off. I would unbolt the seat to re-attach it but the seat is back to far for me to be able to undo the bolts. Any ideas on how to move it forward so I can unbolt it to fix it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-02-2014, 07:45 PM
YourCobalt of the Month WinnerForum God

Look underneath there is two releases that the bar pulls up on, you'll have to get them both up with say a screwdriver or a piece of wood.

2009 Cobalt LS XFE (F23) Victory Red
YYZ V.3 Springs, Koni shocks/struts, Powell XXX rear swaybar, Brembo brake swap, 5 lug conversion, Ion Redline wheels, SS/SC interior swap including power conversion, K&N intake, Trifecta tune, Ark Performance N-II catback, Ark shorty antenna, SS body kit, Powell F23 rotated mount, LNF rear mount, Powell CABs
Soon to come- EFR 6758 turbo kit and make Retro Headlights.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-23-2015, 07:25 AM
Prospect

I just had this same probelm happen to me. Once you are able to get the seat out of the car is it easy to recconect the adjustment bar?

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-23-2015, 08:38 AM Thread Starter
Forum Regular

It takes a little bit of wiggling around to get it in, but overall it is pretty easy. After I fixed it I went to lowes and grabbed myself some locking caps to put on the studs the bar sits on so it wouldn't happen again.

2006 Cobalt LT Stealth Grey Metallic Coupe.
The current mods: ZZP shorty header, Mugen Twin Loop Muffler, American Eagle 17x7s, Nightshade Tinted Tail Lights, Custom Spec-D Headlights, SS 0-140mph Gauge cluster, Custom Made Cold Air Intake, Carbon Fiber wrapped badges, FE5 Struts/Shocks, CM/SSC Springs, SS Shift Knob, SS front bumper, SS Pioneer Sound System, Pioneer GM-A3602 Amplifier, Painted Calipers, MPX Shorty Antenna.

1969 Triumph GT6+ MK2 (350 V8 project car)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread