Swap a Headlight Bulb?? - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Interior & Exterior Styling Talk about Chevy Cobalt interior and exterior products such as body kits, spoilers, steering wheels, shift knobs, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-08-2014, 05:31 PM Thread Starter
Prospect

Swap a Headlight Bulb??

This is going to seem like kind of a stupid question, but I have these headlights:

Chevy Cobalt Pontiac G5 Pursuit LED Halo Projector Headlights Lamp Black | eBay

And my right h1 low bulb died. The headlight assembly came with the bulbs pre-installed and now that I'm looking at it, I can't for the life of my figure out how to swap the bulb out. There are two big round rubber covers over the wiring for both the high and low beam, but I peeled it off and it doesn't seem to expose a bulb. I apologize if this is incredibly obvious, but it looks to me like I'm going to have to remove the entire headlight assembly to get to the bulb, and that's no bueno :(
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-08-2014, 05:36 PM
Forum Regular

Take off the headlight and post a picture the back of the unit with the rubber insulators off. If i am correct there is a couple screws on the back that you have to take off in order to take out the bulb. My headlights are like that. It is a pain in the booty to replace the headlights in a lot of chinese aftermarket projectors headlights. At least that is my experience with them.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-09-2014, 05:46 AM
Forum God

I don't think you need to remove any screws, might be wrong. but yeah jut pop the rubber cover off. should be a simple switch

Dropped Carbon Fiber SS, Project JDM

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode