seat swap confusion - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Interior & Exterior Styling Talk about Chevy Cobalt interior and exterior products such as body kits, spoilers, steering wheels, shift knobs, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-03-2015, 09:16 PM Thread Starter
Forum Regular

seat swap confusion

So I swapped my seats for a set of black ss/sc seats. Swapped the passenger pressure pad but didn't swap the actual seat belt buckle ((holder clip thingy)thing held on to the seat by the giant torx). So everything is connected except for that plug. The airbag sensor works and just took my gf for a short (and slow) ride around the block to see if it would kick the seat belt chime and it didn't. Just wondering if there is a certain speed that it kicks the chime on or if I should be fine if it hasn't show up yet.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-03-2015, 09:24 PM
Cobalt Master

does your drivers door speaker work? im fairly certain the chime would play through that speaker just like all the other chimes and what not.. look and see if the light is on or something..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plain Jane View Post
Speed isn't everything. Sometimes, you just need a little style and flare in your motoring.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-03-2015, 09:25 PM
YourCobalt of the Month WinnerForum God

It's stupid easy to swap, go on a regular drive and see then if it's an issue just swap.

2009 Cobalt LS XFE (F23) Victory Red
YYZ V.3 Springs, Koni shocks/struts, Powell XXX rear swaybar, Brembo brake swap, 5 lug conversion, Ion Redline wheels, SS/SC interior swap including power conversion, K&N intake, Trifecta tune, Ark Performance N-II catback, Ark shorty antenna, SS body kit, Powell F23 rotated mount, LNF rear mount, Powell CABs
Soon to come- EFR 6758 turbo kit and make Retro Headlights.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-04-2015, 04:54 AM Thread Starter
Forum Regular

My driver speaker works intermittently. And I'll have to have someone grab it before I get rid of the seats then. I have no light on the dash though
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-04-2015, 07:52 AM
Forum Regular

The light for the passenger seat is located above the climate controls and below the head unit. If the LED for airbag off is lit up, and someone is sitting in the seat while the car is running, then you know it isnt connect.

2006 Cobalt LT Stealth Grey Metallic Coupe.
The current mods: ZZP shorty header, Mugen Twin Loop Muffler, American Eagle 17x7s, Nightshade Tinted Tail Lights, Custom Spec-D Headlights, SS 0-140mph Gauge cluster, Custom Made Cold Air Intake, Carbon Fiber wrapped badges, FE5 Struts/Shocks, CM/SSC Springs, SS Shift Knob, SS front bumper, SS Pioneer Sound System, Pioneer GM-A3602 Amplifier, Painted Calipers, MPX Shorty Antenna.

1969 Triumph GT6+ MK2 (350 V8 project car)
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-04-2015, 08:21 AM Thread Starter
Forum Regular

I got that light working and wired that all up, just the actual seat belt chime now. Which probably won't matter anyway since my front speakers don't work.
I just don't understand why GM had the need to change the entire setup of the passenger seat pressure pad system nearly every year.

Quote:
"Ask not what my monster truck can do for you, ask instead what you can do for my monster truck."

-JFK
Quote:
And on this day the good Lord said, 'Let the big wheeled vehicle pass on into Heaven.'
Quote:
Speed isn't everything. Sometimes, you just need a little style and flair in your monster trucking.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-04-2015, 09:28 AM
Contributor

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrob5382 View Post
does your drivers door speaker work? im fairly certain the chime would play through that speaker just like all the other chimes and what not.. look and see if the light is on or something..
this isnt exactly true, i havent had a front door speaker in months and it still chimes away when i dont put my seat belt on lol

The Land Shark is coming for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coby7 View Post
His iron was too hot and to big.
Bone stock 2006 Cobalt LS Laser Blue

https://www.yourcobalt.com/forums/veh...ml#post1340434
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-04-2015, 09:53 AM
Forum Regular

Im pretty sure the sound comes from the gauge cluster. There is a speaker build into the back of the gauge cluster in the 2005-2006 cobalts. Im not sure if the later models had that built in or not.

2006 Cobalt LT Stealth Grey Metallic Coupe.
The current mods: ZZP shorty header, Mugen Twin Loop Muffler, American Eagle 17x7s, Nightshade Tinted Tail Lights, Custom Spec-D Headlights, SS 0-140mph Gauge cluster, Custom Made Cold Air Intake, Carbon Fiber wrapped badges, FE5 Struts/Shocks, CM/SSC Springs, SS Shift Knob, SS front bumper, SS Pioneer Sound System, Pioneer GM-A3602 Amplifier, Painted Calipers, MPX Shorty Antenna.

1969 Triumph GT6+ MK2 (350 V8 project car)
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-04-2015, 10:37 AM
YourCobalt of the Month WinnerForum God

05-06 it comes from the cluster after that it's the drivers side door.

2009 Cobalt LS XFE (F23) Victory Red
YYZ V.3 Springs, Koni shocks/struts, Powell XXX rear swaybar, Brembo brake swap, 5 lug conversion, Ion Redline wheels, SS/SC interior swap including power conversion, K&N intake, Trifecta tune, Ark Performance N-II catback, Ark shorty antenna, SS body kit, Powell F23 rotated mount, LNF rear mount, Powell CABs
Soon to come- EFR 6758 turbo kit and make Retro Headlights.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-04-2015, 11:05 AM Thread Starter
Forum Regular

I do know turn signal noises come through the speaker, and i figured chimes did as well. Not having turn signal noise is great though. So maybe I will just unhook my speaker all together since I don't listen to music much anyway.

Quote:
"Ask not what my monster truck can do for you, ask instead what you can do for my monster truck."

-JFK
Quote:
And on this day the good Lord said, 'Let the big wheeled vehicle pass on into Heaven.'
Quote:
Speed isn't everything. Sometimes, you just need a little style and flair in your monster trucking.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode