Exterior Doors Are Different, How Should I Paint It? - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Interior & Exterior Styling Talk about Chevy Cobalt interior and exterior products such as body kits, spoilers, steering wheels, shift knobs, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-02-2015, 03:50 PM Thread Starter
Newcomer

Question Exterior Doors Are Different, How Should I Paint It?

Hey everyone! This is my first post so bare with me.
So I just bought an 06' Ls Yellow Cobalt annnd I just realized that the doors are different. It seems that cobalt coupes have the vertical part of the exterior door painted black so that the transition from the back side window to the front side window looks seamless. Now one side of mine is black and one isn't... I assume the passenger door was replaced. Has anyone had this problem? How did you paint it? What paint should I use to fix it?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-02-2015, 04:09 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessSamus View Post
Hey everyone! This is my first post so bare with me.
So I just bought an 06' Ls Yellow Cobalt annnd I just realized that the doors are different. It seems that cobalt coupes have the vertical part of the exterior door painted black so that the transition from the back side window to the front side window looks seamless. Now one side of mine is black and one isn't... I assume the passenger door was replaced. Has anyone had this problem? How did you paint it? What paint should I use to fix it?

It's not paint, I'm pretty sure the black is actually vinyl that uou can peel off and it will match
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-02-2015, 04:15 PM Thread Starter
Newcomer

Ohh okay, shows how much I know! Haha. Well do you know where I can buy the vinyl?

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-02-2015, 04:49 PM
Super Moderator

I was thinking maybe just peel off the side with the vinyl to reveal the yellow underneath. If you planned on buying the vinyl then I'd just do both sides to guarantee consistency
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-04-2015, 02:54 PM Thread Starter
Newcomer

Okay. I would like to peel off the one and buy new black vinyl for both sides. Do you know where to buy it? Auto Zone? Advance Auto Parts? Should I make a new post to ask people?
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-04-2015, 02:57 PM
Forum Regular

i would go ask a body shop, they would know what it ism how to repair it and where to buy the right stuff
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Tags
black , door , exterior , paint , window

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode