an idea i had - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Interior & Exterior Styling Talk about Chevy Cobalt interior and exterior products such as body kits, spoilers, steering wheels, shift knobs, etc.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-15-2008, 02:18 PM Thread Starter
Forum Regular

Garage
Send a message via AIM to its just me
an idea i had

last week i bought a set of front and rear bowties off ebay with plans to paint them black. i didn't want to paint my stocks in fear that i may not like the turn out so back-ups were a must. anyway, i got one in the mail today [the rear, which came with the "cobalt" letters] and as i was prying it apart and finally painting it i thought of an idea that at the time seemed kinda different and i wanted to get some opinions. here's a pic...

nothing is glued together yet but still, yay or nay? i figured i could debadge the "cobalt ls" that's on there now and just go with that bowtie instead. thoughts?

East Coast Cobalts: NY | Northern NY Cobalt Concepts | Facebook
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-15-2008, 02:21 PM
Forum Regular

Send a message via AIM to Samanthia
i thinks its kick ass! i love it!

2005 Coupe, Silver
Mods: Painted trim (yellow), Custom Yellow Face/Blue Lighting Guage cluster, 2 10" Kicker Comp Subs w/ MA Audio M1889I Mono Block Amp, Panasonic CQ-C8413U Head Unit, black Projector headlights, Kicker stickers applied.
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-15-2008, 02:23 PM
Forum Regular

Hell yeah, just line it up straight and you're good to roll. Nice idea, never seen it done before. Now is that the front or back bowtie?

| 2006 Cobalt LS coupe | AEM intake | custom 2.25" exhaust w/ Magnaflow muffler | GMPP extrude honed manifold | SS/SC downpipe | Eibach Sportlines | Ingall's torque damper | eBay short shifter | DC Sports strut brace | black projectors | 17" MB Motorsports Drift wheels | 225/45/17R Kumho Ecstas | front Recaro seats from Ion Redline | 35% front sides; 20% back sides and rear tint | ARK shorty antenna | Niteshaded side markers and 3rd brake light | Beltronics Express 795 radar detector |

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-15-2008, 02:32 PM Thread Starter
Forum Regular

Garage
thanks for the comments! at first i wasn't too sure but now the more i look at it sitting here the more i like it. also, it's the rear bowtie, the front should be here any day now. i have some spare headlights on the way as well. i'm going to paint those black too

post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-15-2008, 02:41 PM
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by its just me View Post
thanks for the comments! at first i wasn't too sure but now the more i look at it sitting here the more i like it. also, it's the rear bowtie, the front should be here any day now. i have some spare headlights on the way as well. i'm going to paint those black too
I'd think about doing that to mine, but I don't think it'd fit on the front bowtie and I like having my trunk debadged.

| 2006 Cobalt LS coupe | AEM intake | custom 2.25" exhaust w/ Magnaflow muffler | GMPP extrude honed manifold | SS/SC downpipe | Eibach Sportlines | Ingall's torque damper | eBay short shifter | DC Sports strut brace | black projectors | 17" MB Motorsports Drift wheels | 225/45/17R Kumho Ecstas | front Recaro seats from Ion Redline | 35% front sides; 20% back sides and rear tint | ARK shorty antenna | Niteshaded side markers and 3rd brake light | Beltronics Express 795 radar detector |
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-15-2008, 02:45 PM
Forum Regular

I always thought the rear bowtie was too big, but throw some letters in there and that's not bad.

hmmmm.........I wonder if I paint mine red and place the SS on the bowtie.............

post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-15-2008, 02:52 PM
Staff Alumni

Garage
Send a message via MSN to biniecki Send a message via Yahoo to biniecki
Yea I did that exact same thing to mine but it didn't turn out well with the glue I used. I recommend that you do no use 3M badge adhesive. Instead I would use something like hot glue that any extra is easily removed.

2006 Cobalt LS 2.2L Ecotec
Show Off Thread

hailcesar quote - "I think you got the best transformation from Ls to badass!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-15-2008, 03:09 PM Thread Starter
Forum Regular

Garage
thanks for the advice biniecki. i'll definately keep that in mind if i do decide to keep it that way. if anything, would double-sided tape work? also, it doesn't quite fit on the front. i got curious and went out and checked haha...

PS-don't mind the filthy car :D

post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-15-2008, 03:20 PM
Forum Regular

Yeah, I think the lettering is too big for the front bowtie.

post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-15-2008, 03:31 PM
Staff Alumni

Garage
Send a message via MSN to biniecki Send a message via Yahoo to biniecki
Double face tape might work as long as its not that foam kind.

2006 Cobalt LS 2.2L Ecotec
Show Off Thread

hailcesar quote - "I think you got the best transformation from Ls to badass!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode