Is It Worth Getting Racing Seats? - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Interior & Exterior Styling Talk about Chevy Cobalt interior and exterior products such as body kits, spoilers, steering wheels, shift knobs, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-28-2015, 04:06 PM Thread Starter
Forum Regular

Is It Worth Getting Racing Seats?

I ordered these black and orange seat covers for a better interior look instead of the ugly ass gray... They only cost $29.99 free ship on ebay. Looks good but i'm disappointed its not snug and a tight fit for the seat covers.. so I dunno if I wanna stick it out with them or get racing seats that are black and orange... cost $220.00 free ship.

Links below this line.
Durable Polyester Cloth Car Seat Covers for Chevrolet Chevy Multiple Colors | eBay
2X TS Sport Blk Orange Cloth Fabric Reclinable Racing Bucket Seats w Sliders V06 | eBay

Front and Back seat cover set.

Sunburst Orange 2006 LS Cobalt 2.2L Halo Projector LED lights Exterior/Interior, Xentec (HID kit / 8000K ), Smoked lights, Decals, K&N 69-4515TS Typhoon cold air intake system, 2.2L DOHC Tsudo N1 catback exhaust, Blacked out badges, 35% Window tint, 2" B&G Lowering Springs, DC Strut Bar, Rear Tow Hook, Painted Calipers/ Wheel drum, OBX Header, Areospeed Orange Lugnuts, Black Maxxim Air Rims, Sony CDXGT565UP Car Stereo Receiver with USB Input and Pandora Control
A lot still in progress...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-28-2015, 06:29 PM
Newcomer

Garage
Do you plan on keeping your car for the forseeable future?

2006 Cobalt SS Supercharged Stage 3 aka "Balto"
2.9" GMPP Pulley
60# injectors
Snow Performance water-meth kit
ZZP front-mount intercooler
Pacesetter mid-length header
Lou's Custom Exhaust axle-back system
cat delete
Fujita CAI
B&M sts
Eibach Sportline springs
Dyno tuned by SMG Motoring
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-28-2015, 11:44 PM
Forum Regular

You could probably get a set of recaro's/tc seats for the same price.

Billy
Louisiana
03 Ion-1 Sedan (Topanga)
04 Ion-2
06 Ion Redline

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-29-2015, 09:00 AM
Say What again!
YourCobalt of the Month Winner
YourCobalt.com Premium Member

Garage
SS/TC didn't have Recaros. That was the SS/SC with the G85 package, from '05-'07.

SS/SC Recaros:

SS/TC Seats:

Both seats are excellent compared to the stock seats (which, honestly, aren't that bad to begin with).

I personally would stick with either of those seat choices, as they'll fit perfectly without having to mess with the rails. Cobalts do not use four bolts to hold the rails into the floorpan - the front two attachment points are large tabs that slot into the floor, and then the rear gets bolted to the floor.

Those seat covers don't fit snugly because they are not specifically designed for just Cobalts.

1986 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z - Wrecked/Sold
1998 Chevrolet Cavalier - Wrecked/Donated
2007 Chevrolet Cobalt LT - M62 Supercharger, Ported Throttle Body, 42 lb/hr Injectors, Intense 2.9" Pulley, Cobra Heat Exchanger, SS/TC Exhaust, TTR Engine and Trans Mounts, Trifecta Tune, ZZP Header and Downpipe, '08+ FE5 Struts/Shocks, SSC Springs, FE5 Control Arms, SS/SC Front Swaybar, Powell Hardcore Rear Swaybar, 18" MSR 045s, Dunlop ZIIs, Nightshaded Tails/Side Markers, Shorty Antenna, Black Bowties, Black Grilles, Black Headlights, Dual JL 12" w1v2 Subs, A/D/S Front/Rear Speakers, Pioneer 7" Touchscreen, G85 Recaros, Leather Rear Seats, 160 MPH Cluster.
2014 Chevrolet Cruze Diesel - 17" MSR 013s, Black Bowties, Black Tails, UR Rear Lower Bar
1981 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 - JVC Ribbon Tweeters, SEAS Mids, Pyle Woofers, Kenwood Tape Deck, Zapco Amp/Equilizer, Ceramic-Coated Longtubes, 2.5" Pypes Stainless Exhaust, Bilstein B6 Shocks, GW U/L Control Arms, Hotchkis Springs Sway Bars, DD HDX Cluster
2017 Chevrolet Volt LT - Black Bowties
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-30-2015, 01:03 AM
Forum Regular

I know they have different seats. That's why I separated with the "/". He can get recaros from a redline or cobalt. The SS ones had the "SS" embroidered into them as the redline did not.

Billy
Louisiana
03 Ion-1 Sedan (Topanga)
04 Ion-2
06 Ion Redline
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-30-2015, 08:46 AM
Say What again!

Garage
Ahh, I misread it the first time.

The Redline seats also can have a blue mesh - and the rear seats match the fronts, with the matching mesh insert.

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt LT - M62 Supercharger, Ported Throttle Body, 42 lb/hr Injectors, Intense 2.9" Pulley, Cobra Heat Exchanger, SS/TC Exhaust, TTR Engine and Trans Mounts, Trifecta Tune, ZZP Header and Downpipe, '08+ FE5 Struts/Shocks, SSC Springs, FE5 Control Arms, SS/SC Front Swaybar, Powell Hardcore Rear Swaybar, 18" MSR 045s, Dunlop ZIIs, Nightshaded Tails/Side Markers, Shorty Antenna, Black Bowties, Black Grilles, Black Headlights, Dual JL 12" w1v2 Subs, A/D/S Front/Rear Speakers, Pioneer 7" Touchscreen, G85 Recaros, Leather Rear Seats, 160 MPH Cluster.
2014 Chevrolet Cruze Diesel - 17" MSR 013s, Black Bowties, Black Tails, UR Rear Lower Bar
1981 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 - JVC Ribbon Tweeters, SEAS Mids, Pyle Woofers, Kenwood Tape Deck, Zapco Amp/Equilizer, Ceramic-Coated Longtubes, 2.5" Pypes Stainless Exhaust, Bilstein B6 Shocks, GW U/L Control Arms, Hotchkis Springs Sway Bars, DD HDX Cluster
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-11-2016, 07:51 PM
Initiate

Don't the seats have an airbag sensor in them?
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-11-2016, 08:08 PM
Say What again!

Garage
Most do, yes. It's easy to swap. My Recaros did not have the sensor, but I was able to buy a used one someone took out, and put it in, and it works like a charm.

post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-12-2016, 04:21 PM
Forum Regular

Garage
I was looking at those same seats for my cobalt I lent my cobalt to a friend for a few months after my accident and she trashed my seats there are cigarette burn holes in them and they are so dirty and sticky I'm afraid to sit in them they are totally disgusting I have no idea what she did to them and I don't even want to know so I am probably going to go with them because there not to expensive
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode