2008 Sport rear facias - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Interior & Exterior Styling Talk about Chevy Cobalt interior and exterior products such as body kits, spoilers, steering wheels, shift knobs, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 02-13-2008, 12:13 AM
Micheal

2008 Sport rear facias

First of all, I don't have pics yet because its cold and winter out so cleaning up my car isn't an option at the moment. I slid my '06 Orange 2LT off the interstate, due to slush in the middle of the road and a nasty wake from a huge pickup passing in questionable road conditions, causing 10,500 in body damage. And finally after three months of my insurance company jacking me around after, the finally totaled my car out and gave me enough to pay my balance. So with $2000 in GM credit and another $2000 in rebates, plus having a family friend that is a dealer I got ahold of a 2008 Cobalt Sport in Imperial Blue Metallic (not orange, but still ok). So now to my problem. I've had the car for 2.5 weeks now, and about 2 weeks ago I had a truck or SUV of some sort with a trailer hitch back into me at the ski hill. Fortunately, the hitch was at the perfect height to only leave an impression of itself on the textured plastic facias below the painted bumper panel. It did scratch the paint, but that isn't visible and can be buffed away and retouched. The plastic however I have no idea how to fill in the impressions since the plastic has that texture.

Question 1: Is there some sort of technique to mimic that texture and fill in the hole easily?

Question 2: If question 1 is not possible, I plan to remove facias, bondo the imprints and repaint. How does one take of the facias, is it difficult? I haven't had a chance to take a close look due to a mud/snow filled driveway and very low winter temps.

Thanks for your replies and help.

Last edited by Micheal; 02-13-2008 at 12:20 AM.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode