Front Bumper Question - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Interior & Exterior Styling Talk about Chevy Cobalt interior and exterior products such as body kits, spoilers, steering wheels, shift knobs, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-24-2016, 08:29 AM Thread Starter
Prospect

Front Bumper Question

I have a 2007 LT. It has the inserts at the lower bottom of the bumper, can those be pulled out and replaced with the fog light inserts so I can add fog lights? Or do I have to replace the whole bumper? The inserts are removable, I was able to partly pull one out but didn't pull it all the way due to not wanting to break it.

I have read the articles in the DIY section they all explain how to add fog lights into the factory wiring. I don't plain on doing that, I will just add the fog lights and do all the wiring separately.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-24-2016, 12:29 PM
Say What again!
YourCobalt of the Month Winner
YourCobalt.com Premium Member

Garage
I want to say yes? I can't imagine they'd have gone out of their way to create yet another bumper to keep on hand.

And those inserts do come out - and you are right that you feel like you'll break them - it's a pain in the ass.

1986 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z - Wrecked/Sold
1998 Chevrolet Cavalier - Wrecked/Donated
2007 Chevrolet Cobalt LT - M62 Supercharger, Ported Throttle Body, 42 lb/hr Injectors, Intense 2.9" Pulley, Cobra Heat Exchanger, SS/TC Exhaust, TTR Engine and Trans Mounts, Trifecta Tune, ZZP Header and Downpipe, '08+ FE5 Struts/Shocks, SSC Springs, FE5 Control Arms, SS/SC Front Swaybar, Powell Hardcore Rear Swaybar, 18" MSR 045s, Dunlop ZIIs, Nightshaded Tails/Side Markers, Shorty Antenna, Black Bowties, Black Grilles, Black Headlights, Dual JL 12" w1v2 Subs, A/D/S Front/Rear Speakers, Pioneer 7" Touchscreen, G85 Recaros, Leather Rear Seats, 160 MPH Cluster.
2014 Chevrolet Cruze Diesel - 17" MSR 013s, Black Bowties, UR Rear Lower Bar
1981 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 - JVC Ribbon Tweeters, SEAS Mids, Pyle Woofers, Kenwood Tape Deck, Zapco Amp/Equilizer, Ceramic-Coated Longtubes, 2.5" Pypes Stainless Exhaust, Bilstein B6 Shocks, GW U/L Control Arms, Hotchkis Springs Sway Bars, DD HDX Cluster
2017 Chevrolet Volt LT - Black Bowties
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-24-2016, 12:30 PM
Cobalt Master

I'm pretty sure it has been done before, just swap the inserts and wire them up however you see fit if you don't plan on using factory wiring

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-24-2016, 06:24 PM Thread Starter
Prospect

Thanks for the info.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-11-2016, 06:15 PM
Veteran

Garage
You need to check behind the inserts. Some of those bumpers with inserts just have a huge hole behind them.

Hopefully yours have smaller holes that are fog light sized. The fog lights actually mount to the area behind the inserts not the inserts themselves. The inserts are just trim pieces.

My 05 model had the same front bumper (with removable lower grilles) but unfortunately, mine was missing the molded area behind the bezels.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode