I want to make a custom fog light set up - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Interior & Exterior Styling Talk about Chevy Cobalt interior and exterior products such as body kits, spoilers, steering wheels, shift knobs, etc.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-12-2008, 10:17 PM Thread Starter
Forum Regular

Question I want to make a custom fog light set up

As most of you know I have an 06 LT, and i have a stock front bumper. I wanted to go the SS route and buy the bumper with the fog lights, however going through the dealership im looking at $800 and they wont sell me it without their installation....I went through ebay and i rarely find a black/ primed ss bumper that isnt over priced or already purchased. So i decided I want to buy aftermarket fog lights ($20-$40) and either cut spot in the side lower grill pieces, OR buy the precut pieces for the LS/LT bumpers who have the fog lights, and paint the pieces metallic black to match my car rather than the flat black that i currently have.

-Has anyone made a custom bumper with fog lights? If so pics, and/or comments on how it turned out.

-Ill take opinions or ideas...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-12-2008, 10:26 PM
Expert

Normally i would say go with your first option, because a well done custom job will not only look better most of the time, it gives your car its own personal touch. But that all depends on how much ou trust yourself with that kind of fab work.

My turbo lag is your courtesy head start.
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-12-2008, 10:28 PM Thread Starter
Forum Regular

I agree, i just wanted to get an opinion if somebody has done it already, bc once drilling into the bumper...theres no cheap way of going back

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-14-2008, 12:20 AM
Forum Regular

hey guys..i did a custom fog light setup on my LT and all u rele need is a small pair of bolt cutters to get into thos small place in the lower grille... the biggest thing tho!!!! make sure u line up where ur gonna put ur fog lights... and some bondo or gorilla glue
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-14-2008, 01:08 AM
Cobalt Master

Hay JustMiller, this would be a perfect time to play around with photoshop. Get a pic of the front of your car, and a pic of some aftermarket fogs, and try out different places for them. So cheap, it's free!
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-15-2008, 07:51 AM
Forum Regular

jaydub.. do you have any pics? i was thinking about doing this mod earlier but then decided i dont trust myself cuttin up my bumper until i know more about it lol

O7 BLACK LS 5-SPD
- debadged (badged inside) - black bowties
- black painted interior - black halo projectors
- Polk DXi650s -
- 20%, 5% tint - air-box mod
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-15-2008, 10:57 AM

WWW.CRATEENGINEDEPOT.COM.

contact tom. he will break a deal with you if you tell him nate "nramlow2006" sent you.
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-17-2008, 01:35 AM
Forum Regular

this is where i mounted mine... didnt drill any holes used screws already there easily removeable...

the last two are before i painted the stripes and had the rims on obviously

SummitBalt08 added 5 Minutes and 30 Seconds later...

and those are the 40 dollar ones from walmart that turn on with a remote... so no wire running to the interior and it takes 5-10 minutes to put on... if you look where mine are mounted then look on your bumper you will see the screws on the underside that im talking about.. really really easy but just a suggestion tho

2008 Cobalt - Used to be a show car, now Daily Driver..
1994 Beretta Z26- Quad 4 5 speed W41 cammed 205 hp at the wheels. Too much to list..
1993 Beretta - Parts car

Last edited by SummitBalt08; 03-17-2008 at 01:40 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-17-2008, 06:36 AM Thread Starter
Forum Regular

How long have you had them, and are they good quality? I def like that as a backup!
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-17-2008, 10:20 AM
Forum Regular

hey workinprogress...sorry i didnt get back to you earlier about the pics..ill get them over to you asap..ill give a daytime and night time shot.

By any chance did you do them yet..????????
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode