Who thinks of what??? - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Interior & Exterior Styling Talk about Chevy Cobalt interior and exterior products such as body kits, spoilers, steering wheels, shift knobs, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-21-2008, 02:24 PM Thread Starter
Forum Regular

Send a message via Yahoo to dantastic Send a message via Skype™ to dantastic
Who thinks of what???

I cant tell guys what is better or brighter, the projecotors I have or the stock? I recently put the stock headlights back in, because I had to rewire the halos and L.E.D.S. I thought I was seeing things because the road to seem light up better then before when I had those projectors in. I have the standard ebay projectors that you get off ebay. I have the cool cut off beam and its wider..its wierd..to experience that result because projectors are suppose to be better and more effiecent..has anyone experienced the same thing???

Dan

[email protected]@STIC-Always in the lead, sending import lovers back to there mommy!

2005 Chevy Cobalt Sedan Victory Red. AEM Cold Air Intake, 15% tint, 20% tint, 12v 170 W xenon/halogen headlight bulbs, decals!

Cars I have owned and are in the bone yard:
1976 Chrysler Cordoba $1,100
1984 Honda Accord $100.00
1986 Chevy Spectrum $200.00
1989 Chevy Beretta $250.00
2004 Chevy Aveo $10,000 (traded in)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-21-2008, 03:22 PM
Veteran

What bulb do you have in the projectors? Anything over 6k will not be very bright and the closer you get to 4k the better off you are really. Also your mind could be playing tricks on you because on the stock light there is no cut off so the line shines up, out, and down, where as the projectors have the cut off and are also aimed away from on coming traffic.

It could just be that ebay projectors aren't that great either. You get what you pay for, especially in lighting.

Repopulating yourcobalt.com one post at a time.

post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-21-2008, 11:31 PM
Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMADreamer View Post
You get what you pay for, especially in lighting.
Lol. Especially in absolutely everything that has anything to do with automobiles.

My turbo lag is your courtesy head start.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-21-2008, 11:55 PM
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMADreamer View Post
It could just be that ebay projectors aren't that great either. You get what you pay for, especially in lighting.
Exactly, what a huge difference between the new PIAA bulbs I just got vs the Sylvania Silverstar garbage that's out there.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-22-2008, 01:55 AM
Newcomer

Send a message via AIM to VenOm0713
Quote:
Originally Posted by dantastic View Post
I cant tell guys what is better or brighter, the projecotors I have or the stock? I recently put the stock headlights back in, because I had to rewire the halos and L.E.D.S. I thought I was seeing things because the road to seem light up better then before when I had those projectors in. I have the standard ebay projectors that you get off ebay. I have the cool cut off beam and its wider..its wierd..to experience that result because projectors are suppose to be better and more effiecent..has anyone experienced the same thing???

Dan
hmm i would say, you are absolutely right about the stockers being brighter than the 1st gen projectors because they are. did you ever see the bulbs in the projectors? lol.. they are a joke. now, if you put in an hid kit, all that will change.. trust me. if i were you, keep your projectors but buy an h1 hid kit and you will NEVER go back to stock.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-24-2008, 02:50 PM
OBZ
Staff AlumniDedicated

Yeah, I recently went back to my stockers. I honestly think the stock lighting output is much better than the projectors.

"A wise man speaks because he has something to say,
A fool speaks because he has to say something"
OBZ's showoff thread!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode