lowering my balt..? - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Interior & Exterior Styling Talk about Chevy Cobalt interior and exterior products such as body kits, spoilers, steering wheels, shift knobs, etc.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 39 (permalink) Old 04-08-2008, 07:54 PM Thread Starter
Forum Regular

lowering my balt..?

planning on lowering my balt on some ksports later this month. anyone have any experience or advice after lowering their balt?? im having my friend from TireDiscounters throw the springs on for me at their place. i shouldnt be running into any trouble right? should give it a 2-2.5 inch drop (hopefully)

O7 BLACK LS 5-SPD
- debadged (badged inside) - black bowties
- black painted interior - black halo projectors
- Polk DXi650s -
- 20%, 5% tint - air-box mod
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 39 (permalink) Old 04-08-2008, 08:28 PM
Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by workinprogress View Post
planning on lowering my balt on some ksports later this month. anyone have any experience or advice after lowering their balt?? im having my friend from TireDiscounters throw the springs on for me at their place. i shouldnt be running into any trouble right? should give it a 2-2.5 inch drop (hopefully)
if it's a pro install you'll be fine...and the drop is actually a lil lower once they settle...at least that was the case for my eibachs
post #3 of 39 (permalink) Old 04-08-2008, 08:52 PM
Newcomer

yea i mean i did the same lowering height but i got aerospeed(off brand new speed) n yea it rides ruff but handles like a champ...the only thing is make sure you get the adjustable cambers for the front if not you will be changing your tires everytime you change your oil pretty much

post #4 of 39 (permalink) Old 04-08-2008, 09:10 PM
Forum Regular

well i have been debating weather of not to lower mine but i have the sedan....what are yalls opinions on it?

You ain't a boss lil nig cause yo' cheese is average
post #5 of 39 (permalink) Old 04-09-2008, 10:40 AM
Newcomer

Shouldn't make much of a difference from the 2dr style being lowered. I've noticed if ya get new rims you pretty much have to lower it no matter what style bolt body you have. Better handling... Rougher ride... Looks nice... Goes all around.
post #6 of 39 (permalink) Old 04-09-2008, 04:41 PM
Newcomer

i lowered mine 2 in the front and 2.5 in the rear. it looks great but destroyed my stock struts in less than a year
post #7 of 39 (permalink) Old 04-10-2008, 07:20 AM
Newcomer

I ordered the ksport springs and they came in yesterday. I think the boyfriend is putting em on today so ill let ya know how i like em!
post #8 of 39 (permalink) Old 04-10-2008, 11:04 AM
Contributor

You guys may look into chopping a small bit of the bumpstops off, I know many people had to do the because the lower springs were constantly causing the car to bottom into the stops...
post #9 of 39 (permalink) Old 04-10-2008, 04:37 PM
Contributor

wow....they dont come w/ new polly stops? that sucks. Not much of an auto cross guy myself...Still stuck in drags:p. my next car could possibly be a auto x thing but theres just no tracks here in El Paso Texas though
post #10 of 39 (permalink) Old 04-11-2008, 08:56 AM
Newcomer

heres the back with the ksports but i have to wait til tomm for the front to be done.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode