Questions for Installing Aftermarket Projectors - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Interior & Exterior Styling Talk about Chevy Cobalt interior and exterior products such as body kits, spoilers, steering wheels, shift knobs, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-23-2008, 10:31 PM Thread Starter
Newcomer

Questions for Installing Aftermarket Projectors

My latest project for my car is going to be to install projectors to replace my stock headlights and install led taillights (Smoke) to replace my stock taillights.

However, I was wondering if anyone has installed projectors on their own car and can give me any advice on how to install them the right way. I am not sure if they are installed like regular headlights or are they different.

Also, I was wondering if the led taillights are the same as installing the stock headlights. As you can see, I have never replaced my taillights.

Here are the ones I am getting:
Spyder Auto Headlights - Halo Projector (Black) for 05-up Chevrolet Cobalt at Andy's Auto Sport

They are supposed to arrive by Friday. So, As always, any comments welcomed. I will post pictures when I am done.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-24-2008, 12:27 AM
Expert

Both the headlights and the tail lights are simple plug and play installation. You remove the lights from their stock housing and insert the aftermarket pieces in the same position. It should come with specific instructions if it's any different.

My turbo lag is your courtesy head start.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-25-2008, 01:59 AM Thread Starter
Newcomer

Appreciation

Thanks for the advice. I will be getting them later on this morning and I will post pictures when I am done.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-25-2008, 02:38 PM
Forum Regular

Send a message via MSN to DJVC
Did you seriously pay $379?
Mine only cost 250 shipped.

but usually the 1st gen projectors you got don't come plug-n-play and you have to splice some wires to get the LEDs to work.

Anyways can wait to see how it comes out

'07 Cobalt LT Sedan
Mods: Tint, debadged, pioneer aftermarket stereo w/2 10", Tinted tail lights, black halo projector headlights, 8000k HID's, B&M Shift+, LSJ DP, GMPP Exhast.
More to come...
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-25-2008, 04:28 PM
Banned

lol i was gonna ask the same thing. 400 bucks is outrageous!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode