Chevy Cobalt Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dare I Buy Low Costly Hid Kit????

1K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  jbea 
#1 ·
:smile1:i have been looking into all type of HID kits. some range from a near 66 bucks to a whomping 500. which would be best....im not to sure. i have found a web site that sells them through wholesale which makes them less. it sounded pretty good but was still wonderin if i should take the risk or not.....

well to tell you people.... i took the risk on my truck first lol i ordered me a set of 10000k xenon HID Kit for my truck first to see how it will perform and last, before i buy a kit for the cobalt. ill can post pics as i get them for people to see how they look if anyone is interested maybe they can grab a set for them selves. the kits i ordered is a single beam...but they sell the bulb size 9007 for the cobalts in either sinlge or high and low, the one a got where where 9006 single beam for my 03 silverado. ill be sure to post pics as soon as i get them.

#2 ·
my buddy drives a scion TC, and he got the higher "quality" more expensive halos for hi car. they were like 450 or something. WELL.... they look like ****in garbage. there is so much humidity inside them you cant even see the halos. all fogged up and lok like crap. he brought it back to the guy he got them from, he told him to unseal the headlight and dry the inside, he couldnt replace them.

Hes debating about putting his stock ones back on cause his aftgermarket look like crap.

just a heads up

#4 ·
Post pics when ya get them

#5 ·
i bought the halo ones off ebay and have had the same problem of them fogging up and bugs in them. i just ordered the HID conversion kit and i'm putting my factory lights back in wit hthe kit. i also got HID fog lights as well all for under 300

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.