Chevy Cobalt Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gen 1 headlights

5K views 36 replies 8 participants last post by  OBZ 
#1 ·
i have purchased them and need a little help installing them i know i have to splice but how exactly do i do that

#2 ·
Halo Projectors

im thinking bout getting halos for my 08 ls.
found these on ebay

Spyder Auto Headlights - Halo Projector (Black) for 05-up Chevrolet Cobalt at Andy's Auto Sport

will they fit for a 08 if the listing says 05-07 because the body and design of the cobalt for 08 hasn't changed
also what do you people think about those
real or fake?
if there fake you honestly cant tell. and if they were fake the seller would get a shit load of negative feed back

let me know
thanks

#3 ·
they look real, i get things from andy's auto sports sometimes, they're okay. I just wouldn't expect them right away it might take some time for them to be shipped. If they were fake and a person who has purchased lights like these or others, reporting it back to ebay, they would have negative feedback. As for if they would fit, I would google it or call the dealership.

#4 ·
yeah they look real too. and your right if they were fake it would be reported and the seller would be filled with negative feedback
but i have to know if they fit
so if anyone is reading this and you know if they will fit a 08 let me know
thanks

#9 ·
This section of the forum is for how-to instructions only. Not how-to questions.
:Moved to interior and exterior styling:

To install these headlights you have to use the stock wiring harness from your stock headlights. Then you have to splice the halo's and the LED's into the wire that has power at the first click on the headlight switch (i believe its the brown wire) i'm really not too sure.

#10 ·
I would suggest going with the new ones. The first gen halo's have many problems and very poor lighting quality. i've had them as you can see in my sig. They were so bad i returned them to stock.

As for the fitment, they will fit an 08 the same as 05-07

#11 ·
well i wouldnt be using the bulbs they give me i have my own bulbs
but should i just use them for a little bit and see how they are?
how do those very from these?

05-08 Chevrolet Cobalt Halo Projector Head Lights - Black by: Jinyang

there pretty much same thing except those might be better quality

also what do the new generation ones look like?

and he has positive feedback meaning the customers he sold them to haven't really had any problems with them

#13 ·
oo yeah i saw those and dont like the design of the leds on the bottom i think it looks cooler with the leds on top.
but your saying im guaranteed to have problems with the ones i have?
or your saying its possible i could have problems in the future

#15 ·
yeah i mean burning out of the halos is common. my friends brother has halos and one of his halos burned out.
so is it just those from that seller your saying might not be that good?
or that style in general

should i even bother to hook them up and see how they are?
or should i hook them up and see how they are
or should i just get them and return them?

#16 ·
If you dont know which wire it is, you can always wire it into the marker lights, when you take the bulbs out, it's the smallest of the three from the factory harness, then just probe both wires with a volt meter........

As for the best method to splice it, use a wire splice meant for making 2 meet one, without having to cut off the ends.....It sorta looks like this:

You can get these at practically any hardware store or general store that sells electronics/wiring

All you do, is feed the wires into the correct slots, then crim[p down on the little metal tab. it will splice the wires for you, then put the little cover on, and electrical tape around it to keep moisture out.

#19 ·
what does that do?
and where do i spray?
the sides or the whole light?

also the seller said wiring harness's are included and hi/low beam are plug and play and the 2 sets of wires for the halos/leds have to be connected to the parking brake
how exactly do you do that because off top of my head i don't know how to
but i have a brother of a friend who has halos for his truck so he might be able to do it for me

#20 ·
Yep I just installed my Halo's yesterday I taped into the Brown wire on my marker light with the same type of connector.

#21 ·
On the Halo's I just bought it was plug and play for the High/Lows, Just plugged direct into my factory harness. I did reseal the lights before I installed them. I had issues with aftermarket lights on a previous vehicle of mine.

#22 ·
yeah thats how im assuming they are, but don't they have to be wired to the parking lights for the halos and led's to work as the seller said to me?

what brand silicone did you use. and you just spray the all the edges of it right.? like around the whole fixture

#26 · (Edited)
#29 ·
just installed my halos on my car they look sick. now i want to buy the blue bulbs for the high and low beam. i know how to change them but i was wondering if i would have to re aim them after putting the bulb in
im getting nokya 7000k artic white h1's as i had normal nokya 700k whites in my stock assembly

let me know

#30 ·
you shouldnt need to re-adjust them if you are only changing the bulbs out,,,,,,,,only if you remove the mount for the light assembly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.