Coupe vs sedan - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Interior & Exterior Styling Talk about Chevy Cobalt interior and exterior products such as body kits, spoilers, steering wheels, shift knobs, etc.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-29-2018, 10:00 PM Thread Starter
Newcomer

Coupe vs sedan

Hey all. I'm looking to get a cobalt. I've been looking into getting a sedan cause the cobalt coupe doors are heavy and four door is easier to get into, plus cheaper insurance. With that being said, I think the coupes look better by far. I'm torn between looks vs practicality. Any advice?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-30-2018, 05:43 AM
Say What again!
YourCobalt of the Month Winner
YourCobalt.com Premium Member

Garage
I mean, I guess it depends on how often you need to use the back seats. The cars are identical inside, aside from rear headroom being slightly less due to the coupe's sloping roofline. The rear seats mount pretty far down, so even when I sit back there to clean (I am 6 foot tall), there is tons of room.

The doors are slightly heavier, but not that bad - we're talking much lighter than the doors on my '86 IROC or my '81 Z28. Easier entry into the front seats, but a bit tougher to get in bad. The trunk on either is massive, with a tiny little opening, though the sedan's is larger.

1986 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z - Wrecked/Sold
1998 Chevrolet Cavalier - Wrecked/Donated
2007 Chevrolet Cobalt LT - M62 Supercharger, Ported Throttle Body, 42 lb/hr Injectors, Intense 2.9" Pulley, Cobra Heat Exchanger, SS/TC Exhaust, TTR Engine and Trans Mounts, Trifecta Tune, ZZP Header and Downpipe, '08+ FE5 Struts/Shocks, SSC Springs, FE5 Control Arms, SS/SC Front Swaybar, Powell Hardcore Rear Swaybar, 18" MSR 045s, Dunlop ZIIs, Nightshaded Tails/Side Markers, Shorty Antenna, Black Bowties, Black Grilles, Black Headlights, Dual JL 12" w1v2 Subs, A/D/S Front/Rear Speakers, Pioneer 7" Touchscreen, G85 Recaros, Leather Rear Seats, 160 MPH Cluster.
2014 Chevrolet Cruze Diesel - 17" MSR 013s, Black Bowties, Black Tails, UR Rear Lower Bar
1981 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 - JVC Ribbon Tweeters, SEAS Mids, Pyle Woofers, Kenwood Tape Deck, Zapco Amp/Equilizer, Ceramic-Coated Longtubes, 2.5" Pypes Stainless Exhaust, Bilstein B6 Shocks, GW U/L Control Arms, Hotchkis Springs Sway Bars, DD HDX Cluster
2017 Chevrolet Volt LT - Black Bowties
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-30-2018, 08:31 AM
Contributor

I think the sedan is way more practical and better looking. I dunno. I just hate coupes. They're not practical at all. I hate the inconvenience of flipping the seat forward so passengers can access the back seat.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-30-2018, 07:33 PM
Forum Regular

Garage
My coupe is practical for me, but I'm Single and rarely use the back seats. Also, the tail lights look way better on the coupe, than the sedan!

2009 Cobalt 5 speed Coupe
35% tints
Imperial Blue Metallic

2001 Chevy S10
Fire engine red
5 speed

2003 Hyundai Elantra GT
5 Speed
Metallic Silver
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-06-2018, 11:32 PM
Newcomer

I've always liked the practicality of sedans. Easier to load cargo in the rear seats, easier to load passengers. Plus there is more trunk room with a sedan. Although 2 doors are WAY more sporty and the tail lights look better.

It all boils down to personal preference really!
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-07-2018, 05:55 AM
Say What again!

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by xseth224 View Post
Plus there is more trunk room with a sedan.
Same cargo capacity between the Cobalt coupe and sedan, 13.9 cubic feet. Just a larger trunk opening.

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt LT - M62 Supercharger, Ported Throttle Body, 42 lb/hr Injectors, Intense 2.9" Pulley, Cobra Heat Exchanger, SS/TC Exhaust, TTR Engine and Trans Mounts, Trifecta Tune, ZZP Header and Downpipe, '08+ FE5 Struts/Shocks, SSC Springs, FE5 Control Arms, SS/SC Front Swaybar, Powell Hardcore Rear Swaybar, 18" MSR 045s, Dunlop ZIIs, Nightshaded Tails/Side Markers, Shorty Antenna, Black Bowties, Black Grilles, Black Headlights, Dual JL 12" w1v2 Subs, A/D/S Front/Rear Speakers, Pioneer 7" Touchscreen, G85 Recaros, Leather Rear Seats, 160 MPH Cluster.
2014 Chevrolet Cruze Diesel - 17" MSR 013s, Black Bowties, Black Tails, UR Rear Lower Bar
1981 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 - JVC Ribbon Tweeters, SEAS Mids, Pyle Woofers, Kenwood Tape Deck, Zapco Amp/Equilizer, Ceramic-Coated Longtubes, 2.5" Pypes Stainless Exhaust, Bilstein B6 Shocks, GW U/L Control Arms, Hotchkis Springs Sway Bars, DD HDX Cluster
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-07-2018, 09:21 AM
Cobalt Master

Sedan might have a larger opening but it's still the most useless trunk opening I've ever used haha
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-07-2018, 09:25 AM
Say What again!

Garage
Yes - the trunk is honestly...pretty damn massive. You simply cannot get anything in it, which kind of defeats the purpose.

Anything large has to go in through the interior, with the seats folded. I have to take the seat backs out to get my sub box in.

post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-07-2018, 10:34 AM
Cobalt Master

I had to build my sub box inside the trunk haha going to be fun taking it apart to get it out
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-07-2018, 10:39 AM
Say What again!

Garage
That seems awfully inconvenient. Mine is huge, but does come out, with a lot of work - yours might too.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode