Post your interior - Page 102 - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Interior & Exterior Styling Talk about Chevy Cobalt interior and exterior products such as body kits, spoilers, steering wheels, shift knobs, etc.

2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1011 of 1018 (permalink) Old 10-02-2018, 05:15 AM
Say What again!
YourCobalt of the Month Winner
YourCobalt.com Premium Member

Garage
Looks good - I'm assuming painting the shift knob and the steering wheel cover (?) were the big ones?

1986 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z - Wrecked/Sold
1998 Chevrolet Cavalier - Wrecked/Donated
2007 Chevrolet Cobalt LT - M62 Supercharger, Ported Throttle Body, 42 lb/hr Injectors, Intense 2.9" Pulley, Cobra Heat Exchanger, SS/TC Exhaust, TTR Engine and Trans Mounts, Trifecta Tune, ZZP Header and Downpipe, '08+ FE5 Struts/Shocks, SSC Springs, FE5 Control Arms, SS/SC Front Swaybar, Powell Hardcore Rear Swaybar, 18" MSR 045s, Dunlop ZIIs, Nightshaded Tails/Side Markers, Shorty Antenna, Black Bowties, Black Grilles, Black Headlights, Dual JL 12" w1v2 Subs, A/D/S Front/Rear Speakers, Pioneer 7" Touchscreen, G85 Recaros, Leather Rear Seats, 160 MPH Cluster.
2014 Chevrolet Cruze Diesel - 17" MSR 013s, Black Bowties, UR Rear Lower Bar
1981 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 - JVC Ribbon Tweeters, SEAS Mids, Pyle Woofers, Kenwood Tape Deck, Zapco Amp/Equilizer, Ceramic-Coated Longtubes, 2.5" Pypes Stainless Exhaust, Bilstein B6 Shocks, GW U/L Control Arms, Hotchkis Springs Sway Bars, DD HDX Cluster
2017 Chevrolet Volt LT - Black Bowties
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1012 of 1018 (permalink) Old 10-02-2018, 09:34 AM
Expert

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by revenant View Post
Original owner '06 SS N/A. Started refurbishing the interior a couple months ago. Bone stock with the exception of a couple interior cosmetic mods.
Very tasteful, I like it! Looks like you've taken very good care of it too!

How's the SS N/A treating you? I know GM was scrutinized for calling it an "SS" since it didn't have the same kind of performance as the SC model.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plain Jane View Post
Believe me, these cars have a habit of growing on their owners. Your feelings will only strengthen over time...
post #1013 of 1018 (permalink) Old 10-03-2018, 08:50 PM
Newcomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MP81 View Post
Looks good - I'm assuming painting the shift knob and the steering wheel cover (?) were the big ones?

Thanks =)

The original leather wrapped steering wheel and shift knob was pretty chewed up so I recovered the wheel in a genuine leather two-tone cover from wheelskins.com and ordered a new leather shift knob and painted the cap 34U yellow from AC/Delco, which is the same Rally Yellow the car came with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parthros View Post
Very tasteful, I like it! Looks like you've taken very good care of it too!

How's the SS N/A treating you? I know GM was scrutinized for calling it an "SS" since it didn't have the same kind of performance as the SC model.

Thank you. =)

I like the stock look but wanted a bit of color on the inside but only it in a way that's looks like it could have come with the car originally, nothing over the top or 'too much'.

I've been slowly refurbishing the interior over the past few months (including repainting the trim and leather seat refurbishing), trust me after 13 years of ownership its been through its periods of flat out neglect.

I've also had my share of issues, just like everyone else that owns a Cobalt at any level. I've replaced (in the past year alone):

lower control arms and ball joints
master cylinder
vvt solenoids
spark plugs
fuel pump
fuel filter
o2 sensors (upstream and downstream)
purge evap solenoid
shocks and struts all around
driver side power window motor
shift knob
every single power button
key fobs

Right now I'm getting a misfire and need to replace an injector along with the dreaded air recirculatory clicking sound. Granted some of these repairs should/could have been done already but it is what it is with these cars. I will say this, this car went through a number of years of neglect and with 164k still runs like a champ. Typically a car treats you as well as you treat it.

As far as performance, I knew I wasn't buying a Camaro (already owned one at the time) but something quick, sporty and with decent gas mileage. The SS/SC at the time was a few thousand more than what I wanted to spend plus the rear spoiler was a bit gaudy to me (I did test drive it though)

The SS 2.4l has had enough style and performance to be a solid and fun daily driver. For those people who bash the ss/na's performance and badging remember this:

The SS/na produces 171hp with no boosters which is no slouch for a 4 cylinder. The year it came out (2006), the SS/na was the second fastest car you can buy under $20,000 in this country with a 0-60 time of 7.1. It was only second to the V6 Mustang at that pricepoint. Everyone knows that if you want speed you buy speed.
Just like all the guys who put that same Eaton m62 supercharger of the stock LSJ's on their 2.4's. No comparison.

post #1014 of 1018 (permalink) Old 10-04-2018, 05:06 AM
Say What again!

Garage
What was the part number for that shift knob? I've always been on the lookout for a leather-wrapped one with the silver trim but never found one.

That would give me a reason to finally try and get the shift boot I have had for like 7 years in the car...assuming I can find it.

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt LT - M62 Supercharger, Ported Throttle Body, 42 lb/hr Injectors, Intense 2.9" Pulley, Cobra Heat Exchanger, SS/TC Exhaust, TTR Engine and Trans Mounts, Trifecta Tune, ZZP Header and Downpipe, '08+ FE5 Struts/Shocks, SSC Springs, FE5 Control Arms, SS/SC Front Swaybar, Powell Hardcore Rear Swaybar, 18" MSR 045s, Dunlop ZIIs, Nightshaded Tails/Side Markers, Shorty Antenna, Black Bowties, Black Grilles, Black Headlights, Dual JL 12" w1v2 Subs, A/D/S Front/Rear Speakers, Pioneer 7" Touchscreen, G85 Recaros, Leather Rear Seats, 160 MPH Cluster.
1981 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 - JVC Ribbon Tweeters, SEAS Mids, Pyle Woofers, Kenwood Tape Deck, Zapco Amp/Equilizer, Ceramic-Coated Longtubes, 2.5" Pypes Stainless Exhaust, Bilstein B6 Shocks, GW U/L Control Arms, Hotchkis Springs Sway Bars, DD HDX Cluster
post #1015 of 1018 (permalink) Old 10-04-2018, 05:39 PM
Newcomer

Quote:
What was the part number for that shift knob? I've always been on the lookout for a leather-wrapped one with the silver trim but never found one.

That would give me a reason to finally try and get the shift boot I have had for like 7 years in the car...assuming I can find it.

20849735 is the part#. Be advised, GM doesn't make these shifters with the original chrome trigger anymore. They are all black. But, at least you can still get one new.
post #1016 of 1018 (permalink) Old 10-04-2018, 06:41 PM
Cobalt Master

I think I'd rather have the black trigger anyways
post #1017 of 1018 (permalink) Old 10-04-2018, 06:49 PM
Say What again!

Garage
Can't hardly see the trigger anyway - and I agree, I think black would look better anyway.

So that's the leather-wrapped one then?

post #1018 of 1018 (permalink) Old 10-06-2018, 07:09 PM
Newcomer

Quote:
Can't hardly see the trigger anyway - and I agree, I think black would look better anyway.

So that's the leather-wrapped one then?

Yes, the leather wrapped one. Came standard with the SS trim.

Here's a few pics in its original form before I modded it. Plus a pic of my original shift knob with the chrome trigger (you can see why I needed to replace it).

And a few pics of how it looked installed before modding.

The chrome sleeve that's under the shift knob doesn't come with it. Totally separate part number.

I certainly think a color coded shift knob should have come standard on these cars. Though the stock silver metallic looks clean, bringing the color inside makes the interior a lot more sporty. Now for some SS floor mats....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode