READ THIS FIRST - YEAR COMPATIBILITY INFORMATION
- If you get the same year speedometer as your car, it will work 100%
- 05-06 work with 05-06 and everything will work fine
- 05-06 will partly work with 07+, you will only see the mileage and temperature, you lose all other DIC features
- 07 will work on 08+, everything will work except the TPMS light (TMPS still works though)
- 08-10 work with 08-10, everything will work
- The speed will recalibrate and will show the correct information if changing from 120mph to 140/160 cluster
- You can buy speedometers on ebay for $60-110 shipped
- LS/LT/SS/Sport doesn't matter. Coupe/Sedan doesn't matter.
Phillips head screwdriver - preferably a short one
Flat head screwdriver or small chisel
Socket ratchet/wrench with extensions
New speedometer/gauge cluster
This can take anywhere from 30 minutes to 2 hours depending on your tool handling skills are.
1. Start by removing the lower dash panel. This is the big piece under the steering wheel and has the compartment for your coins and trunk release. It is attached with clips. Pull on it, it may seem like you will break it, but you won't. You can use a "How to remove your dash" guide if you need more help.
2. Remove the dash pieces on the left and right side of the steering wheel. It has the dimmer and fog light switch.
3. Move the steering wheel all the way down. There is a little lever that locks the position on the bottom left side on the steering wheel.
4. Now under the dash pieces you removed is 1 bolt and 1 washer, star looking piece on each side. You need to remove the bolt. You also need to remove the washer piece by using the flathead screwdriver. Just wedge it out. This took the longest for me. You can cut it and break it if you want, it doesn't serve much of a purpose, I didn't put it back at the end.
5. On the roof of the cluster dash piece (that's what i call it) are 2 screws. Remove these using your short phillips head screwdriver.
6. Now the tricky part. Remove the cluster cover. This will require some tugging and bending and pushing. Be careful not to break it. Just try to remove it and you will figure out how to remove it.
7. Now there are 4 bolts holding the speedometer in place. 2 on the top, 2 on the bottom. Using your ratchet and extensions, remove the bolts. Be careful not to drop them.
8. Now pull the speedometer out a little. There is a wire connected in the back. Push down on the top of the connector to remove it. Once the wire is removed, pull the speedometer out. This also requires tricky hands.
9. Put the new speedometer in and plug the wire in. IMPORTANT: Turn the car to the ON position and test all the lights and DIC features to make sure it all works.
10. Once everything is working, put everything back.
11. Screw in the 4 bolts onto the speedometer.
12. Put the cluster dash piece back in.
13. Put 2 screws on the roof of the cluster dash piece.
14. Put the 2 bolts on the left/right under the dash piece. OPTIONAL: You can put the star washer things back if you want.
15. Put all the dash pieces back.
You are done!