Window Motor, Gear Shift, and Turn Signal - Page 2 - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Interior Interior DIY/ How-to's

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-03-2015, 10:06 PM Thread Starter
Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrob5382 View Post
The motor and regulator do seperate, you can change just the motor if that's the route you want to go, although I'm not entirely sure that's your problem. I would lean more towards the switch itself probably, if not the wiring or a connection somewhere

---------- Post added at 03:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:07 PM ----------

As far as the other two, just follow those links. Coby did a great job with those write ups as usual
Since it had gone through its temperamental phases of working and not working I don't think it's the switch. I feel like it would have just stopped working and never worked again but since it keep occasionally working I feel like the motor was just on it's way out. I bought my car from enterprise car sales a few years back and I'm certain the window has had its fair share of usage. I live in florida and we have lots of tolls to pay and gate codes to enter etc. lol. If I install the new motor and it doesn't work I guess I'll have to look at other options.

---------- Post added at 09:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:01 PM ----------

I haven't had a problem with my armrest breaking.

So I was able to order the parts I need on amazon. I took the turn signal lever out and flipped the metal piece over (I found a video the recommended this to see if it eliminated the problem) which did not help my problem but at least thats a pretty simple fix.

The window motor I feel will be the most challenging since I've never done anything similar to that before, but I'm guessing it can't be that difficult since it seems like it's a few screws and clips. So I'm going to attempt that one this week once I get the new motor.

---------- Post added at 09:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:01 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parthros View Post
Check out this thread. There's a tear down of an auto shifter which shows the part you're talking about. You might be able to glue or tape it back on. If I were having the problem, I'd probably try to get creative about it.

https://www.yourcobalt.com/forums/int...c-shifter.html

The turn indicator lever problem is pretty common. You can fix it yourself, but I'd probably buy a new one if it were me. Again, there's already a great thread about this.

https://www.yourcobalt.com/forums/int...nal-lever.html
Did you write these? These are amazing! The thread about the turn signal is the one I found that prompted me to try flipping the metal rod in the signal lever. It didn't help in my problem but now I know how to fix it with the new piece.

Do you know if there is a write up on how to actually get the gear shifter out of the center console? Would I have to remove all the trim around it down to the armrest to remove it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-04-2015, 03:21 AM
Super Moderator
YourCobalt.com Premium Member

Garage
Just have to remove the top trim, clip on shifter cable and 4 nuts. Oh and the small connector going to it.

Every minute spent angry is a happy minute lost for ever and ever!!!
Drives 2016 Cocoa Buick Encore 1.4L Turbo auto KL4CJDSB2GB652675
Drives 2016 Sunset Orange Trax LT1 1.4L Turbo auto 3GNCJPSB8GL142716

Never drive faster than your guardian angel can fly
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-04-2015, 06:42 AM
Expert

Garage
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Britnisima View Post
Did you write these? These are amazing! The thread about the turn signal is the one I found that prompted me to try flipping the metal rod in the signal lever. It didn't help in my problem but now I know how to fix it with the new piece.
Haha, no, but I'd love to take credit anyway! Coby7 is the genius behind these two write ups.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plain Jane View Post
Believe me, these cars have a habit of growing on their owners. Your feelings will only strengthen over time...

post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-06-2015, 02:00 AM Thread Starter
Prospect

The turn signal went in no problem! One down, and time to tackle another!
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-06-2015, 05:54 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
The trick with any vehicle is to fix whatever breaks down as soon as possible. If you let the problems accumulate then it becomes overwhelming.

post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-06-2015, 01:36 PM Thread Starter
Prospect

Ok so now I hve another question...I'm sure the answer is no but hey maybe it's normal. So I was taking apart my door today to fix the motor and since I live in florida it started to downpour. I closed the door and finished removing some screws and then was going to wait until the rain stopped to continue. Well while I was in the car I noticed there is leaking inside the door frame. I've never noticed this before since it's not inside the car and nothing ever gets wet. Is it normal to have a little leakage inside the frame of the car that we can't usually see. Even if it is I'd like to fix that because water and electric don't mix and I like my pioneers lol.

I'm wondering if the window is just not fully shut or if it's the seal around the door. I guess if it was the door seal I'd have water in the car, right?

Last edited by Britnisima; 09-06-2015 at 01:51 PM.
post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-06-2015, 01:51 PM
Cobalt Master

I could be wrong here but I'm pretty sure it's normal to get a little water in there from time to time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plain Jane View Post
Speed isn't everything. Sometimes, you just need a little style and flare in your motoring.
post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-06-2015, 11:47 PM Thread Starter
Prospect

Window motor went in. I had a bit of difficulty but mainly because I've never done this before. but I can successfully roll down my window!
post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-07-2015, 04:19 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
Does this mean it won't roll back up lol

Last edited by Coby7; 09-14-2015 at 02:44 PM.
post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-14-2015, 11:08 AM Thread Starter
Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coby7 View Post
Does this mean it won't roll back up lol
lol. it is working properly

Last edited by Coby7; 09-14-2015 at 02:44 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Tags
gear shift , regulator , turn signal , window , window motor

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode