How To: Change Shocks
Sorry I forgot to get pictures, but it's very simple.
1. Jack the car up on each side and put jack stands. Jack it right where the rear axle bolts on to the body, so you can let the axle hang freely
2. Remove wheels.
3. Use a 21MM socket to remove the bottom bolt on the shock.
4. Use a 19MM socket to remove the top bolt on the shock.
5. Remove shock, and replace with new shock.
6. Finger tighten top screw
7. Have someone lift the axle slightly, (or use another jack) so that you can get the bottom bolt in. Tighten it till it starts getting tight, then have the friend let go of the axle.
8. Repeat 3-7 for the other shock.
9. Torque the top bolt to 66 Ft-Lbs (both shocks)
10. Torque the bottom bolt 81 Ft-Lbs (both shocks)
11. Reinstall wheels.
Last edited by Powered By LE5; 01-31-2010 at 06:29 PM.