Clean/Shine Engine Bay - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Maintenance DIY/How-to's for maintenance of your car.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-29-2011, 09:24 PM Thread Starter
Newcomer

Clean/Shine Engine Bay

how to easily clean and shine your engine bay
Eps 6 Engine Bay Cleaing - YouTube
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-12-2012, 11:13 AM
Forum Regular

Garage
Good video but there are products out there that will do the same that are NOT corrosive. You guys did it in the driveway which WILL show the corrosive effects unless of course you rinse the driveway off into the grass which will then kill the grass along wherever you rinsed it to and then it will seep into the ground and eventually into local water wells or water springs and eventually into your local river or lake.

Just my rant for the day. There are NON-CORROSIVE products that work just as good.

The foaming tire spray you used will also eventually turn brown like tires do when you use that product on tires over and over without actually cleaning the tires in between foaming treatments.

Engine does look better though

V-Red 09' Cobalt 2.2 Sedan
K&N Typhoon SRI, Silencer gone, Side Mouldings gone, De-Badged rear, Red Calipers, Black Drums, 17% Tint, GM Bowtie Tip, Stealth Front Turns, LED tails, 18" SS rims with GY Eagle GT rubber.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-12-2012, 02:15 PM
Forum Regular

My Pet Peeves....

1. See comments above by Rubberdude...

2. Clearcoat is a better sealer for making an engine bay look better

3. Get a better camera, with a better mic

4. Tell your camera man to focus on the task, not the murder down the street, or himself. you're a shooting a video to help people DIY, we don't need him looking in the camera like Bill and Ted wondering... "Is this thing on" it is unprofessional and idiotic.

5. Tell the Camera operator to shut up. He walked over you many times when you were talking. Again, not cool

6. FIx your sound mix, the burnout take off noise is way too loud and your dialog track is way too low.

Sorry to be so critical, appreciate the vid, but things like that annoy me... especially being an independent filmmaker.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-13-2012, 10:17 AM
Super Moderator
Staff Alumni
YourCobalt of the Month Winner

Garage
Why are people still making these kinds of videos. Now adays you can just blast the engine bay with a degreaser at the car wash and then simply wash it off. Then just spit shine w/ armor all. That easy! I agree with rubber dude that you should put a clear coat on for easy cleaning later if thats your thing but way too much work for such a simple task. Although if you are working with a car from the 90's like these two are then you do have to cover some things up. People make me laugh!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode