New to cobalt ownership - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
New Member Introductions For new members of YourCobalt.com to introduce themselves!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 03-11-2019, 10:19 AM Thread Starter
Newcomer

New to cobalt ownership

Hey guys I just got a 2006 chevy cobalt from an auction at an impound yard was wrecked on driver side and the driver and back passenger doors are jammed but drives like a bat out of hell. What is puzzling me is yesterday it wouldn't crank so I got a jump and it cranked up on its own the whole day. Last night it wouldn't crank just clicked got a jump let it run a while turned it off tried to crank and nothing...so i'm thinking battery, but then someone points out that everything is working on the car and its charging my phone but won't start without a jump...what is wrong?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 03-20-2019, 01:50 PM
Initiate

Check date code on battery and have it tested. Could be marginal. When it gets a jump and is running, it is getting charge and will have a higher voltage right when you shut the car off, and will probably work okay if started every couple hours. If you have a slight drain, the overnight drop might be enough to reduced the battery to where it cant crank over the engine.

Is there an aftermarket stereo installed with amp?

2010 LT 2.2 4 door
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode