Newbie with a Question! - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
New Member Introductions For new members of YourCobalt.com to introduce themselves!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-06-2009, 01:58 PM Thread Starter
Newcomer

Newbie with a Question!

Hello Everybody in Cobaltland!

Just recently purchased my '08 Cobalt Sedan Sport 2 weeks ago and love it. i have tons of questions for customizing and performance, but today i have a more Serious matter. In regards to the Stabilitrac ESC and the trac-control, i drive over HWY 17 everyday for work and enjoy a spirited drive throught the mountains of Santa Cruz, and my Balt handles very nicely. But when i hit this certain corner the ESC and TC kick in and force me to slow down. Today i was doing 60 and it slowed me all the way down to 40 before disengaging. i highly doubt i had reached the physical limits of the car and was going out of control, the tires werent even squealing, or the front end pushing. in fact before i got my car i drove a '90 caddy deville over the hill at the same speeds or higher. today was a bit hairy because there was another driver behind me that had to swerve into the next lane to avoid hitting me. i tried everything from letting off the throttle to giving it WOT, to down shifting, nothing worked, i was dead in the water, all i could do was steer. is this the way the ESC and TC are supposed to work or should i take it to the dealer? is there a difference between the SS and Sport that can changed to allow more agressive driving before kicking in? in my eyes it is kinda unsafe. any feedback would be appreciated. thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-06-2009, 04:13 PM
OBZ
Staff AlumniDedicated

I can't help you bro.. I don't have TC. But i do know that one click of the hand break disables it.. Sorry I can't help you further

"A wise man speaks because he has something to say,
A fool speaks because he has to say something"
OBZ's showoff thread!
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-06-2009, 08:45 PM
Veteran

Doesn't sound right to me...I would say go to the dealer and have the car checked out...hopefully someone at your dealer is smart enough/well educated enough on these cars to help you out.

-Mike
|07' LS Sedan|Ultra Silver|Auto|MTX X Thunderlink|Debadged|35% Tint|Sportlines|Injen CAI|ARK Antenna|ARK STB| OTTP "Street" bar|Bridgestone Potenza RE960AS Pole Position 205-60-15|Hawk PC pads|PowerSlot Slotted rotors|

Not installed yet: Pacesetter Header|Exhaust Depot DP|LSJ Cat-Back|Injen Hydroshield|MSR 045 18x8 Black w/ Red Pinstripe

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-07-2009, 02:02 AM
Contributor

That does sound dangerous if thats how it works.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-07-2009, 11:38 AM
YourCobalt of the Month WinnerExpert

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to ssscgirl
welcome to the site and enjoy your stay .
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-07-2009, 03:16 PM
Staff Alumni
YourCobalt.com Premium Member

Garage
welcome! not sure about your issue, as i have a lowly 2.2 with crank windows. hope you get it figured out, that doesnt sound safe to me either!
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-07-2009, 03:30 PM Thread Starter
Newcomer

Hey, I think im gonna take it back to the dealer and let them look at it. today i turned the ESC and TC off when driving to work and had zero issues. same corner even faster no problems.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-07-2009, 03:34 PM
Staff Alumni

Garage
id take it in for sure then! let us know what you find out.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-07-2009, 04:30 PM
Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by scagnetti76 View Post
welcome! not sure about your issue, as i have a lowly 2.2 with crank windows. hope you get it figured out, that doesnt sound safe to me either!
lowly 2.2 with crank windows?!?! lowly? lol, 2.2L w/ crank windows is the best!! hahaha

07 Cobalt LS

Mods: MB SevenX 16" rims, painted bowtie, 350 Watt Kenwood amp and JL Audio sub, Red Razo sport pedals, K&N SRI, PPE Engineering header and downpipe, Tsudo exhaust, coupe style wing (yes! that's it...for now)

Wish List: TTR Rear sway bar

post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-07-2009, 04:38 PM
Staff Alumni

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geyser737 View Post
lowly 2.2 with crank windows?!?! lowly? lol, 2.2L w/ crank windows is the best!! hahaha
just sayin i dont have any electric bells and whistles. settle down...haha
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode