Chevy Cobalt Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Keyless Entry Problem

4K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  Glowbalt 
#1 ·
Hello there,

I have a 07 cobalt LT sedan, ever since I bought the car I have had problems with the buttons.

They will work like a dream and then out of nowhere they will stop working. I have taken a look inside and have noticed that the battery clip keeps falling of the circuit board.

I have gone through 6 pairs of buttons in the year and a half. I'm tired of the dealers over charging me for something a monkey can do.

Any ideas of how to solve this problem?

Since I know that the problem lies in the buttons, does anyone know if a different kind of keypad will work with the OEM system? Or if I can find a way to reprogram them myself?

#2 ·
This is new to me, so all i can suggest is change the batteries lol..... sound like this is a rare problem..... You will be helped better if you have pictures of your keypad..... at least then someone on here will have a good idea of what exactly your talking about, and the best way to solder/glue/ or change to different buttons or keypad to fix your problem.

#5 ·
usually with a soft or plastic push button, if you take it apart..... all there is-is a rubber plunger with a metal contact glued to the bottom. the rubber plunger gives you the resistance and the feeling of a "push" button, when all it is-is a small metal contact touching the circuit board.....

maybe that small metal tab at the bottom of the plunger is missing, or has shifted over to one side from a few bad drops..

#10 ·
This is where it gets irritating.

I've tried to solder and glue it back on and it'll work a couple of times and then it will stop working again. I think I'm going to get an aftermarket keyless system, chevy went uber cheap on the key fobs and replacing it would do little to fix the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.