New To The Forums - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
New Member Introductions For new members of YourCobalt.com to introduce themselves!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-08-2010, 06:19 PM Thread Starter
Forum Regular

Garage
New To The Forums

Hey I'm new to the forums. Just wanted to ask some questions and maybe some opinions of other people.

I got my Cobalt LT1 in January 2010 on the second I believe so it has been a while.
I have ~3600 miles on it and it runs really well giving me 3 weeks or more driving from school and to home and around town, and its a really nice ride.

I just wanted to know about Insurance and Modifications to the car, I wanted to put these wheels on the car, Buy Wheels Today: Tires, Wheels, Suspension, & Performance Accessories , then I wanted to put a ~$300 K&N Cold air Intake in to the car, then I wanted to put a Borla Exhaust in it, Stainless Steel Cat-Back? 2.25" | 140138 | Chevrolet Cobalt 2.0L 4cyl - BORLA - The World's Most Winning Exhaust .

I wanted to know how much insurance will increase for a 16 year old I think its ~$700 every 6 months now if I was insured under that car, The Cobalt LT1, right now I'm insured under my dad's 2002 Intrepid and its ~$500 every 6 months with a $500 dollar deductible. So I may be insured under the Cobalt when I'm 18 or older so my question is how much will it cost if i put those modifications in to car, I know that the answer will probably be $100 or more off because there are so many variables but a rough estimate would be nice.

Also if you have an Idea about similar costing rims that look better or if a Magma flow or a Flowmaster would be better sounding and/or give better performance the help would be appreciated.

Thanks

"http://www.buywheelstoday.com/products/Tuner+(Black+/+Machined).bwt"

Copy Paste the Link

Last edited by Shadow591; 09-08-2010 at 06:24 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-08-2010, 06:27 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to camopaint0707
are you from PA?

post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-08-2010, 06:27 PM
Not justice...Punishment
Staff Alumni
YourCobalt.com Premium Member

Garage
Welcome to the forum. Most people do not bother with the insurance company when modding their vehicle, as most insurance companies will not insure the mods. You will have to ask them if they do.

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-08-2010, 06:41 PM Thread Starter
Forum Regular

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Will mpg View Post
Welcome to the forum. Most people do not bother with the insurance company when modding their vehicle, as most insurance companies will not insure the mods. You will have to ask them if they do.
State Farm?

So If I wreck they don't care about the modifications they just give me the Blue book value?

I hear not Informing the Insurance company can Void your coverage.

---------- Post added at 07:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:41 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by camopaint0707 View Post
are you from PA?
Kansas City, MO
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-08-2010, 07:13 PM
Not justice...Punishment
Staff Alumni

Garage
I don't know about voiding coverage. You would have to ask State Farm. I have Geico, and have talked to them about extensive mpg modifications I did to another car I used to own. They said "we will not cover any modification, but we will not void coverage unless a modification makes the car unsafe by local law." That's Geico, now you will need to find out from State farm what they say on it.

---------- Post added at 08:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:11 PM ----------

Out of curiosity, are you on a phone, or a computer? I noticed you deleted a double post and was wondering if you double posted or if it did it on it's own.... It's no problem either way, we are chasing a technical glitch.

post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-08-2010, 07:30 PM
Forum God

I know with my company I insured my car audio system, and they asked me if I had any engine mods but I didn't. I think the insurance will go up slightly if there are any performance mods, but always best to ask the company. I'm pretty certain hat they cannot void coverage due to modifications as long as the mods are legal/safe.

BboyTaktix
- 2011 Plasma Blue pearl WRX STI sedan
- SOLD -S256 TURBO 2.2 -SS/TC body, SS/Tc shocks/struts, B&G springs, 17"mags, TRS FX-R retrofits (50W/6000k)
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-08-2010, 07:49 PM Thread Starter
Forum Regular

Garage
Quote:
I don't know about voiding coverage. You would have to ask State Farm. I have Geico, and have talked to them about extensive mpg modifications I did to another car I used to own. They said "we will not cover any modification, but we will not void coverage unless a modification makes the car unsafe by local law." That's Geico, now you will need to find out from State farm what they say on it.

---------- Post added at 08:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:11 PM ----------

Out of curiosity, are you on a phone, or a computer? I noticed you deleted a double post and was wondering if you double posted or if it did it on it's own.... It's no problem either way, we are chasing a technical glitch.
Thanks, I hope that State Farm is the Same I don't want the Parts insured because they are only ~$2,000 Total and only improve performance 30 HP maybe.
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-08-2010, 07:54 PM
Not justice...Punishment
Staff Alumni

Garage
All you can do is ask them. Try to do it in Email, so you have a record of it though.

post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-08-2010, 07:57 PM Thread Starter
Forum Regular

Garage
Quote:

It did it on its own I did not double Post I'm on a Custom Built Windows 7 PC.
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-08-2010, 10:28 PM
Bamble Ramble!!!!

Send a message via MSN to bumbleninja Send a message via Yahoo to bumbleninja Send a message via Skype™ to bumbleninja
I know esureance will cover mods for a vech and welcome to the forums

Sig thanx to gCobalt05
Mods 35% tint, K&N Drop in, Air Box Mod, Debadged, Painted front Bow Tie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode