New Member, Got Screwed when Buying My Cobalt - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
New Member Introductions For new members of YourCobalt.com to introduce themselves!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-26-2010, 09:54 PM Thread Starter
Newcomer

New Member, Got Screwed when Buying My Cobalt

I made my post yesterday, that I bought/got the car because I put a 1k down payment on it and the dealership in Vancouver (Dueck) said to me that it was mine.

I get a call at 11:00 am this morning from the sales guy I was dealing with Jacque. He informs me the vehicle was already sold to someone else and there are NO MORE available. I'm dead serious. NO MORE IN CANADA. So I tell him I'm not happy, that I don't want anything else.

I call GM Canada and place a complaint. I feel ripped off and pissed off about this. After being told by the "Business Manager" Joe that it was MY car.

I even clarified with him that it was mine, and it wasn't sold and he'd put it on hold for me. He said yes.

GM Canada tells me they will get back to me in a week and see what they can do for me. I hope they can pull one out of their asses or something... For that price I'm very pissed I can't get one.

I also spoke with a lawyer about it (Consumer Protection). I don't think what they did was completely illegal.... but it isn't good customer service.

I obvisouly will get my 1k down payment back... I hope/think...

I called the sales guy back this afternoon and told him how unimpressed I was and that I wanted a similar car for a similar price. He mentioned the camaro.

I've given the Camaro some though and I don't think I'll jump on it, only because its rwd. I plan on doing a lot of commuting from Vancouver to Calgary over the winter (to work on the rigs) and I don't think a muscle car is the best option in any way. Even though a 2011 camaro for 22k would be nice.

Anyways that's what's going on... I think I'll wait and see what GM Canada has to say. If nothing else I'll place another complaint until I get my ****ing 2010 cobalt ss/tc

My other option is to go through a bank and buy a slightly used one, there are some for sale.... or skip buying the new car and put 2k into my 04 Civic Si to make him good again..

Any thoughts? please post...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-26-2010, 09:59 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to camopaint0707
tell them to bring one up from america

post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-26-2010, 10:01 PM
Forum God

is a used one an option? one of the local guys has a semi modded SS/SC (06 I believe) but it's crazy low kms and he babied it

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-27-2010, 04:10 AM Thread Starter
Newcomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by camopaint0707 View Post
tell them to bring one up from america
I asked, I don't think they will... there's an issue with bringing new cars up from America. You can't even buy a new car in America from a dealership (if your a Canadian that is). But as mentioned I sent my complaint to GM Canada so maybe they'll hook me up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 09-Cobalt-lt View Post
is a used one an option? one of the local guys has a semi modded SS/SC (06 I believe) but it's crazy low kms and he babied it
Thanks for the suggestion... but seriously who wants an SS/SC? I'd go for the SS/TC, but I would have prefered a new one. As of now I've been looking at a Lancer Ralliart, hoping the financing goes through tomorrow.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-27-2010, 05:03 AM
Forum God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camden View Post
I asked, I don't think they will... there's an issue with bringing new cars up from America. You can't even buy a new car in America from a dealership (if your a Canadian that is). But as mentioned I sent my complaint to GM Canada so maybe they'll hook me up.

Thanks for the suggestion... but seriously who wants an SS/SC? I'd go for the SS/TC, but I would have prefered a new one. As of now I've been looking at a Lancer Ralliart, hoping the financing goes through tomorrow.

Theres alot of ss/sc out there that will whip a ss/tc. But welcome to YC. Lol

Dropped Carbon Fiber SS, Project JDM

Last edited by hailcesar75; 09-27-2010 at 05:06 AM.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-27-2010, 07:09 AM
Say What again!
YourCobalt of the Month Winner
YourCobalt.com Premium Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by hailcesar75 View Post
Theres alot of ss/sc out there that will whip a ss/tc. But welcome to YC. Lol
This, and this.

1986 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z - Wrecked/Sold
1998 Chevrolet Cavalier - Wrecked/Donated
2007 Chevrolet Cobalt LT - M62 Supercharger, Ported Throttle Body, 42 lb/hr Injectors, Intense 2.9" Pulley, Cobra Heat Exchanger, SS/TC Exhaust, TTR Engine and Trans Mounts, Trifecta Tune, ZZP Header and Downpipe, '08+ FE5 Struts/Shocks, SSC Springs, FE5 Control Arms, SS/SC Front Swaybar, Powell Hardcore Rear Swaybar, 18" MSR 045s, Dunlop ZIIs, Nightshaded Tails/Side Markers, Shorty Antenna, Black Bowties, Black Grilles, Black Headlights, Dual JL 12" w1v2 Subs, A/D/S Front/Rear Speakers, Pioneer 7" Touchscreen, G85 Recaros, Leather Rear Seats, 160 MPH Cluster.
2014 Chevrolet Cruze Diesel - 17" MSR 013s, Black Bowties, Black Tails, UR Rear Lower Bar
1981 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 - JVC Ribbon Tweeters, SEAS Mids, Pyle Woofers, Kenwood Tape Deck, Zapco Amp/Equilizer, Ceramic-Coated Longtubes, 2.5" Pypes Stainless Exhaust, Bilstein B6 Shocks, GW U/L Control Arms, Hotchkis Springs Sway Bars, DD HDX Cluster
2017 Chevrolet Volt LT - Black Bowties
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-27-2010, 07:35 AM
Not justice...Punishment
Staff Alumni
YourCobalt.com Premium Member

Garage
You have been dealing with that dealership and you have them in the mind to work with you. This gives you a little upper hand on them.

There may not be any new SS balts left to sell in Canada, but some dealer in Canada somewhere has GOT to have a used one on their lot. Make the dealer find it, and bring it to you.

No, bringing one in from the US cannot be easily done. There are little differences in US and Canadian cars. Small things, like not being able to turn off the DRLs of a Canadian car with the headlight switch. There are a lot of fees buying cars across the boarder.

post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-27-2010, 04:06 PM
Get Out The Sawzall
Staff AlumniCobalt Master

Garage
I just welcomed you in your other exact same post, but welcome again.
IBTL
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-27-2010, 06:47 PM
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camden View Post

haha sorry to burst ur bubble but there is alot of s/c's that put a hurting on t/c just saying no need to cut down a car its your humble opnion so yeah lol and welcome

post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-27-2010, 06:49 PM
Forum Regular

tell them to give you back your money, suck my ****, and go buy a new 5.0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode