New Member/Cobalt Intro - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
New Member Introductions For new members of YourCobalt.com to introduce themselves!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-02-2011, 10:21 PM Thread Starter
Newcomer

New Member/Cobalt Intro

Technically I'm not a new member, having joined some time ago and having occasionally lurked. (I have had an interest in Cobalts since they were first introduced but couldn't justify buying one until last year.) But my Cobalt is new, or was as of 8/2010 when I bought her. As of today, "Connie" has over 16K miles. Features as described in "garage", or profile or whatever (I'm new to this stuff.)
She is bone stock, an LT coupe with XFE, chrome package, and crystal red tintcoat metallic paint, all well worth the extra money and still a bargain, thanks to last summer's buyer's market. Will upload photo when I have time.
Great car! No problems, excellent mileage (personal best is 40.8 mpg).
So much fun to drive with the 5-speed manual! Co-workers and bandmates have taken to calling her by my description: "the poor man's Corvette"!
Confirms the car salesman's axiom which has been around for a long time: "You can sell a young man's car to an old man...but you can't sell an old man's car to a young man." I'm old enough to have bought a 1971 Impala convertible new (still have it) and my Cobalt is just the latest in a long series of good cars from GM. I don't buy into the automotive press' preference for foreign over domestic cars!
My Cobalt's name is "Connie," a name which came to me one day as I was driving her. Later I realized that besides the alliterative appropriateness of starting with a "C", Connie is actually a nickname for Constance, a name which implies desirable characteristics, either human or automotive. Hopefully Connie and I will be constant companions for many years. As my wife (another longtime constant in my life) has told me many times, she doesn't mind my having mistresses as long as they are in the garage, not the bedroom!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-03-2011, 08:17 AM
Expert

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to Eyesore
welcome \m/

Magnaflow Catback, Jet Performance Chip, B&M Shift+, 8000k bi-xenon H.I.Ds, and more
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-03-2011, 01:01 PM
Get Out The Sawzall
Staff AlumniCobalt Master

Garage
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Tags
"poor man's covette" , 5-speed manual , crystal red tintcoat , mistress , xfe

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode