Soon to Be Cobalt Owner - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
New Member Introductions For new members of YourCobalt.com to introduce themselves!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-19-2011, 08:22 PM Thread Starter
Forum Regular

Soon to Be Cobalt Owner

Hello! I found this site while looking for Cobalt info. I'm working on buying a silver '09 LT with 43k miles. Hope to have the deal wrapped up in a few days. I looked the car over and took it for a test drive last week. Only issue I found was a vibration at highway speeds. The wheel was dancing back and forth but it went straight down the road. Carfax showed new (or resurfaced) front rotors at 30k, the power steering motor, steering shaft, swaybar links and driver's side headlight replaced at 31k. At 43k (2 weeks before I drove it), the front pads were replaced and two tires were balanced. The dealer was supposed to be taking care of the vibration (salesman said it was a tire but I don't think so). I'll be taking it to a mechanic friend to look over tomorrow.

I picked this car before it looks pretty good, is optioned well and gets much better gas mileage than the trucks, SUVs and performance cars that I've been driving over the years. I've never owned anything that can get over 30MPG. I'm looking forward to this!

2009 Cobalt LT 2LT - Silverstar Ultra Low beams and fog lights along with a few LEDs.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-19-2011, 09:08 PM
Forum Regular

Garage
welcome to the forum
and if you're modding, your new addiction

Make it pretty, and she'll think it's fast.
Jake1295/2008 LT (Balto)/Fayetteville, AR
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-20-2011, 01:35 AM
hawaii icon
Staff Alumni
YourCobalt of the Month Winner
YourCobalt.com Premium Member

Garage
welcome!

Aspire to Inspire the Aspirations of the Inspirational
www.facebook.com/islandecotecs

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-20-2011, 09:49 AM Thread Starter
Forum Regular

Thanks guys! I just took the car to a friend's shop to look it over with the car on his lift. Everything looks good. It was near my work so I did the same drive that I do daily. Reset the average MPG when I got on the highway to see what it is from exit to exit with the same driving style that I usually use (trying for mileage at 62 MPH). My Suburban would show an average of about 17 MPG as I got off the exit. The Cobalt showed 40.1. That's crazy! Almost 2 1/2 times the mileage that I'm used to! It will probably drop to around 30 with a mix of city/country road and highway but most of my driving is highway.

Quick question about the 17" wheels, do they come with the 2LT package? I think I've seen other Cobalts with that package but with different wheels. Only thing the car is missing that I'd like is remote start. Key fob doesn't have that option. I need to read up on that a little more.

2009 Cobalt LT 2LT - Silverstar Ultra Low beams and fog lights along with a few LEDs.
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-20-2011, 10:16 AM
Say What again!
YourCobalt of the Month Winner
YourCobalt.com Premium Member

Garage
Welcome!

You can probably have a competent car stereo/security shop put in an aftermarket alarm with a car start for not too much. It was $250 for my Code-Alarm.

1986 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z - Wrecked/Sold
1998 Chevrolet Cavalier - Wrecked/Donated
2007 Chevrolet Cobalt LT - M62 Supercharger, Ported Throttle Body, 42 lb/hr Injectors, Intense 2.9" Pulley, Cobra Heat Exchanger, SS/TC Exhaust, TTR Engine and Trans Mounts, Trifecta Tune, ZZP Header and Downpipe, '08+ FE5 Struts/Shocks, SSC Springs, FE5 Control Arms, SS/SC Front Swaybar, Powell Hardcore Rear Swaybar, 18" MSR 045s, Dunlop ZIIs, Nightshaded Tails/Side Markers, Shorty Antenna, Black Bowties, Black Grilles, Black Headlights, Dual JL 12" w1v2 Subs, A/D/S Front/Rear Speakers, Pioneer 7" Touchscreen, G85 Recaros, Leather Rear Seats, 160 MPH Cluster.
2014 Chevrolet Cruze Diesel - 17" MSR 013s, Black Bowties, Black Tails, UR Rear Lower Bar
1981 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 - JVC Ribbon Tweeters, SEAS Mids, Pyle Woofers, Kenwood Tape Deck, Zapco Amp/Equilizer, Ceramic-Coated Longtubes, 2.5" Pypes Stainless Exhaust, Bilstein B6 Shocks, GW U/L Control Arms, Hotchkis Springs Sway Bars, DD HDX Cluster
2017 Chevrolet Volt LT - Black Bowties
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-20-2011, 07:50 PM
Forum Regular

Garage
awesome man welcome to the forums! if you have any question/issues with your car just make a post and someone has probably had the same problem before :P we will be more than happy to help you. good luck with the balt man it looks nice!

Photobucket
Full 2.5 inch magnaflow exhaust system, injen short ram air intake, cobalt ss front bumper, cobalt ss wing, tinted tail lights, limo tint back 3 windows, 10k 55w hid's (helicopter hunting). And ofcourse.. DOMO!!!
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-20-2011, 08:45 PM
Forum Regular

Garage
the 2LT has 16's that are a little different design than the SS 17's

Make it pretty, and she'll think it's fast.
Jake1295/2008 LT (Balto)/Fayetteville, AR
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-21-2011, 03:26 AM Thread Starter
Forum Regular

I wonder if the previous put SS wheels on it. I think I saw that the tires are 205/55/17 (it's early so I might be wrong ).

post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-21-2011, 06:24 AM
Forum Regular

Garage
a lot of the 2lt and sports have the ss/sc rims on them. if its a 1lt then it would probably have the other rims idk. its weird how things work

Photobucket
Full 2.5 inch magnaflow exhaust system, injen short ram air intake, cobalt ss front bumper, cobalt ss wing, tinted tail lights, limo tint back 3 windows, 10k 55w hid's (helicopter hunting). And ofcourse.. DOMO!!!
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-21-2011, 11:19 AM
Cobalt Master

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake1295 View Post
the 2LT has 16's that are a little different design than the SS 17's
green.... really??

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page