08 Chevy Cobalt Lt - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
New Member Introductions For new members of YourCobalt.com to introduce themselves!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-08-2011, 12:42 PM Thread Starter
Newcomer

08 Chevy Cobalt Lt

im having trouble deciding which way i wanna go with this. alot of people have said many different things with many similar problems. It all really started with the left speaker and blinker not working. I checked to see if its the speaker and nope, i want to replace them anyways. But i saw post that said he switched the front speakers and the problem started with right speaker.. but i dont see how thats possible when the blinker is powered off the left wire anyways would that mean whereever something powers it directly inside the speaker is the speaker made differently than the rest or is it the blinker set up inside the radio. (i could careless if i dont here the blinker). Another thought was running the speaker wire solo through door and to the radio. ive had the inside of my car tourn apart for about a month now. i come back on here now and again but theres a different answer from everyone. some say it depends on if its a pioneer stereo or a bose.. but problem is mines panasonic and i havent heard anything about that also my speakers are Acdelco 15220244. Im not sure if that makes a difference. when i disconnected the battery and pulled my radio out i also started wondering if its going to be safe to just take the left speaker wires out and replace them with my own. I also have another project im wokring on i have my subwoofers and amp all hooked problem with that is i cant power the amp. tried looking for a fuse the dealership said to tap into a wire in the door.. but i also will never listen to that dealership.. FYI royal ford in owego worst dealership ever.. customer service is horrible.. i read it somewhere in a thread that someone did it through the door but i think it was an ss i cant remeber.. i just want a realistic answer.. i dont want a million different answers and million posts of other peoples problems.. if u have the same exacty radio and speakers then go for it..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-08-2011, 01:52 PM
Forum Regular

Garage
this may not solve the problem but it may find the reason for the problem. your blinkers might not have current flowing through. you might have short to ground, or a broken wire. just a suggestion

[IMG][/IMG]
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-08-2011, 04:09 PM Thread Starter
Newcomer

well i tried almost every option.. i ended up sending a wire through by itself to the radio.. seems to work for now. i still have a mystery with the amplifier, that was my next mission. i cant seem to find a fuse thats powerful enough, i tried the sunroof and nope. So i saw a thread somewhere about wiring the remote wire and signal (idk what signal means) off the 6x9s in the back and ran the amp of the 6x9 signal.. does anyone know if this will work and if theres another name for this "signal" the guy was talking about. It seems like to me you would run a remote wire to the 6x9 and some other wire and then splice another wire for the amp?. or does anyone know of an easier way. id rather not get into wires a fuse would be nice and maybe a complete walk thru ive got everything hooked up but it could just be something simple i missed.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-12-2011, 08:50 PM
Get Out The Sawzall
Staff AlumniCobalt Master

Garage
Closed, user has not signed on since this post...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode