New 2006 Cobalt Owner! - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
New Member Introductions For new members of YourCobalt.com to introduce themselves!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-21-2012, 08:32 PM Thread Starter
Newcomer

New 2006 Cobalt Owner!

Just purchased a 2006 Cobalt today, 93,000 miles. My first Cobalt, I'm excited. Also, my first newer year car, and first car I've owned that ever had power windows and locks!

Previous car I've been driving is a 98 Sunfire, old car, paint peeling, some dents and scratches and a few minor problems here and there, and pretty steep miles, but that car still runs like a charm, I hate to get rid of it! It is a tank in the snow, drives extremely well, gets excellent MPG, and has never failed me! I hate to get rid of it!

Hoping I have the same good luck and love for my new Cobalt!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-22-2012, 04:28 AM
Super Moderator
YourCobalt of the Month Winner

Garage
Send a message via AIM to Beamer Send a message via Yahoo to Beamer
welcome and good luck with the cobalt, do you have to get rid of the sunfire? If not than I would hang onto it just in case or to change things up some. Nonetheless hope you enjoy your stay and feel free to ask questions on whatever

My Gone But Not Forgotten Cobalt(s) Show off

2015 Fiat 500 Abarth | 2016 International Durastar

Check out my Youtube page
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-22-2012, 12:54 PM Thread Starter
Newcomer

I kind of need to sell the Sunfire so I can get some money back and apply it towards my Cobalt. If there was any way possible I could keep it though, I definitely would. I commute back and forth between home, work and college and it is just an excellent little car. I was once out late at night in the middle of a snow storm, and had to come down a very steep, slick, snow covered hill, and my little old Sunfire was one of the only vehicles not slipping and sliding around on the way down! I cannot sing enough praises about it! lol

It will make a wonderful work car for someone that can overlook the peeling paint and minor dents and scratches. I have certainly got my moneys worth out of it and more, and I imagine it will keep on trucking for many more years.

I wanted to change vehicles just because I have had it for about 7 or 8 years now, and I have a better job and just wanted to kind of upgrade vehicles. The Cobalt is the 2nd car I have ever paid for by myself, it feels good!

My Cobalt is 2006, Blue Granite Metallic, power windows, locks, tinted windows. However, the guy that sold it to me said the remote for the door locks does not work and might need reprogrammed or something like that.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-22-2012, 02:53 PM
Super Moderator
YourCobalt of the Month Winner

Garage
Send a message via AIM to Beamer Send a message via Yahoo to Beamer
Is the remote battery dead maybe? Or it could just be broke, they break pretty easy and its a pretty easy fix. There was a thread here on it, dont remember where.

Yea I hear ya on needing the extra money. I have been a J-Body fan since I started driving back in the day, I had about 4-5 J's, 88 z24, 90 z24, 97 cav coupe, 03 cav coupe and briefly an 03 sunfire. They are great cars that is for sure and handle winter with ease. I had my 97 up until last year. I put around $4500 into it to bring it back from the dead after I had given it to my sister in NY. I was having trouble getting it to run perfect and inspected and just gave up, sold it for $1000. I see it here and there as it sold to someone just down the road from me. Hurts to think about the time and money into that car to just give it up but I was at my wits end chasing the issues.

My Gone But Not Forgotten Cobalt(s) Show off

2015 Fiat 500 Abarth | 2016 International Durastar

Check out my Youtube page
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-22-2012, 03:05 PM
Super Moderator
YourCobalt.com Premium Member

Garage
Here's the FOB thread

https://www.yourcobalt.com/forums/ins...ns-keyfob.html

Every minute spent angry is a happy minute lost for ever and ever!!!
Drives 2016 Cocoa Buick Encore 1.4L Turbo auto KL4CJDSB2GB652675
Drives 2016 Sunset Orange Trax LT1 1.4L Turbo auto 3GNCJPSB8GL142716

Never drive faster than your guardian angel can fly
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-23-2012, 05:46 PM Thread Starter
Newcomer

@Beamer, the guy who sold it to me said he just changed them and it still didn't work. He said the power lock remote stopped working after they put in a new engine. I'm not sure what that would have to do with anything though, but he said right after the new engine went in, that stopped working. That sucks you lost some money on the car you sold after you spent all that time fixing it up!

@Coby, thanks for the link. I will show that to my dad..he might be able to try that and see if that works! That is pretty clever.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-23-2012, 05:54 PM
Staff Alumni

Welcome and congrats on the upgrade! Feel free to ask questions and let us know how things are turning out!

"You all know I take great pride in my title as Mr. Positive."
My Showoff
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-23-2012, 06:21 PM
Get Out The Sawzall
Staff AlumniCobalt Master

Garage
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-23-2012, 07:06 PM
Veteran

Garage
Welcome, to the forum.
Feel free to post pictures :P

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-24-2012, 06:55 AM
Chevy Customer Service
YourCobalt.com Premium MemberExpert

Congratulations on your new Cobalt! Many safe and happy miles!
Sarah
GM Customer Service
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode