Sweet CobaltSS Mini STSV Rebuilding an 07 SS/SC; Performance & Style. - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
New Member Introductions For new members of YourCobalt.com to introduce themselves!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 57 (permalink) Old 03-24-2012, 05:11 PM Thread Starter
Newcomer

Sweet CobaltSS Mini STSV Rebuilding an 07 SS/SC; Performance & Style.

Hello All,

This is my introduction thread. I am rebuilding my 07 SS / SC when someone side swiped me in the parking lot, and I bought it back from the insurance company. I am no new comer to modifying automobiles, both brand new supercharged cadillacs and previously wrecked tiburons.

Some of my previously modified cars:

Currently my baby, a HEAVILY modified Supercharged Cadillac STS-V

A 2007 STS V8

A Lifted Ford Explorer Sport Trac

And a Smashed destroyed ugly tiburon rebuild for my girlfriend

I bought my 2007 Cobalt SS / SC back in 2007, and I used it as my daily driver in the summer, while my STS-V was stored. I never drove it during the winter (thats what the sport trac is for,) and I loved the sporty feel of a 5 speed during the spring and summer. I put an intake and exhaust on it, and left it alone as I was still dumping tons of cash into making my V a 11 second car, while remaining extremely unique at the car shows. The car was extremely reliable, comfortable, great on gas, and most of all FUN TO DRIVE.

Cut to last month. I hit this pot hole out of nowhere on the highway, which caused me to hit the brim and rip off the front and rear bumpers, and front axle. Here are pictures from the insurance company, prior to me buying it back:

Due to the fact that I was the original owner, and I know the history and maintenance on the car, the buyback wasn't even a question.

Now that my V is nearing completion and I bought my SS back cheap, I'm ready to make one of the most unique modified cobalt ss /sc out there. I started out buying this goofy B-2 body kit that I thought would have looked cool:

...Then i came to my senses and realized that would be some ricer shit. So I forked out the cash for a new OEM SS front bumper with lip and SS rear bumper with grilles, eibach sportline lowering springs, smoked headlights, tail lights (i will tint myself, with the sidemarkers) and a factory rocker panel, as well as a new RK Sport rear spoiler:

I bought an OTTP stage 2 kit, heat exchanger, some wheels and tires, and a huge order coming from ZZP.

Im going to be painting my car a FLAT, satin, or matte gunmetal/carbon color, much like the tiburon but without the clear. Ill also be doing an evo mod and highlights on top of that with flat/satin/matte black.

I have some appearance and performance questions, but I'll take them to their respective forums. Just wanted to introduce myself, and I'll post up pictures as I am finishing the build, all the way up to winning the Car of the Month.

Thanks to everyone on here for the plethora of information I've found during the last few years of Cobalt SS ownership. I look forward to making you proud of this custom build when I'm finished AD1

Last edited by Sweet CobaltSS; 06-02-2012 at 01:07 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 57 (permalink) Old 03-24-2012, 05:45 PM
YourCobalt of the Month WinnerVeteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Masterz
Well welcome!!

I would trade my balt against your black Cady anytime

My car showoff
Want nice deal on Aftermarket parts? Pm me for price from my sponsor!
post #3 of 57 (permalink) Old 03-24-2012, 06:12 PM
Super Moderator
YourCobalt.com Premium Member

Garage
We are obviously not in the same tax bracket!!!

Every minute spent angry is a happy minute lost for ever and ever!!!
Drives 2016 Cocoa Buick Encore 1.4L Turbo auto KL4CJDSB2GB652675
Drives 2016 Sunset Orange Trax LT1 1.4L Turbo auto 3GNCJPSB8GL142716

Never drive faster than your guardian angel can fly

post #4 of 57 (permalink) Old 03-24-2012, 06:51 PM
Super Moderator
YourCobalt of the Month Winner

Garage
Send a message via AIM to Beamer Send a message via Yahoo to Beamer
welcome aboard, cannot wait to see the balt done.

My Gone But Not Forgotten Cobalt(s) Show off

2015 Fiat 500 Abarth | 2016 International Durastar

Check out my Youtube page
post #5 of 57 (permalink) Old 03-24-2012, 06:57 PM
Super Moderator
YourCobalt.com Premium Member

Garage
I'm trying to buy a second Cobalt wreck for a build project but not sure yet if I can swing it. It's a 2007 Cashmere metalic Cobalt LT Sedan auto.

Every minute spent angry is a happy minute lost for ever and ever!!!
Drives 2016 Cocoa Buick Encore 1.4L Turbo auto KL4CJDSB2GB652675
Drives 2016 Sunset Orange Trax LT1 1.4L Turbo auto 3GNCJPSB8GL142716

Never drive faster than your guardian angel can fly

Last edited by Coby7; 03-25-2012 at 06:48 AM.
post #6 of 57 (permalink) Old 03-25-2012, 06:14 AM
Newcomer

Awesome bro welcome
post #7 of 57 (permalink) Old 03-29-2012, 11:23 AM
Forum Regular

Garage
Welcome to the Forum, its nice to meet you!
post #8 of 57 (permalink) Old 03-30-2012, 08:07 AM
Newcomer

How is the repair comming along?
post #9 of 57 (permalink) Old 04-05-2012, 01:47 PM Thread Starter
Newcomer

Some people have been asking, oh, and my favorite pics of my girlfriend and my V:

i dont have any pictures of it with the new iForged Concave Legacy V2 wheels except whats posted. here are older pictures with 3 piece Asantis:

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/383960...edan-4d/page-2

Image hosting, free photo sharing & video sharing at Photobucket

Obtained a wingless trunk, RK Sports 3 piece spoiler came in. Debadged rear emblem and lettering, sanded down paint chips:

flat blacked the underside of the trunk:

Smoked out the lights.

Before:

After:

on the list for this week/next week:

stage 3 2.8" pulley install, belt install, oversided tensioner instlal, ls4 throttle body, air intake, rear BEAM LNF AXLE SWAP INSTALL, front mount intercooler, springs, shocks, wheels and tires mount balance, header and down pipe install, phoenlic spacer install, option b intercooler install, exhaust rebolt up, fog lights install, HIDs, headlights, gotta pull blower off, send to posi performance, reinstall, transaxle mounts, seafoam, dual pass intercooler plate kit, new injectors, fuel filter, STS-V intercooler pump, updated timing chain tensioner, sway bar end links, cabs, bushings, trac bars, torque dampiner, aero force gauge dual pod install, and brake rotors and pads AND paint calipers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !

and I have to paint the car, install RK Sports 3 piece spoiler among other things.
post #10 of 57 (permalink) Old 04-05-2012, 02:59 PM
Forum Regular

subscribed to this thread i wanna see how this cobalt turns out, looking forward to seeing the finished product

Everyone has different style, therefore everyone has different taste, don't like my car, don't look simple as that
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode