Chevy Cobalt Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Here and I Already Got a Question. Re: Tools

1K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  airjrg 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi. 2009 Cobalt LT 2.2L here and I have been lurking for a short while and after years of just paying someone else for car repairs I figured I would give it go.

Fist thing I am doing is changing the spark plugs. Can I use just a regular 10 PC. 3/8-IN Drive Metric Set that I already have or from a previous thread I read do I need the following below instead or any individual item separately.

Needle nose pliers (to pull out your spark plug socket when it sticks to the plug rather than your ratchet)
5/8" spark plug socket with a long extension
10mm socket and a short extension (a long 10mm socket might also work)
Torque wrench (low range)
Socket wrench
Tool for checking the spark gap on your new spark plugs

Any tips on changing the wire set?

Cheers!

#3 ·
Hi. 2009 Cobalt LT 2.2L.
Any tips on changing the wire set?

Cheers!
No spark plug wires on these engines. Coils are mounted right on spark plugs.

#4 ·
I got a t handle with a pivot head attached to the spark plug socket. It has a magnet inside, super easy and no pliars.

#6 ·
Awesome. Ty Guys!

I messed up by buying the wire set but I will just returned them. I also read in the owners manual that sparks plugs need to be replaced every 100K miles. I guess I'm jumping ahead but my car has not been running smoothly lately.

#7 ·
If it's not running smoothly it's usually the throttle body and plate that are dirty with tar looking substance. Clean with throttle body cleaner. There's a how thread on here somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.