Hello There! - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
New Member Introductions For new members of YourCobalt.com to introduce themselves!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-29-2015, 06:19 AM Thread Starter
Newcomer

Talking Hello There!

I was googling info about cobalt mods or something, and I came across this site, haha...

I'm Anthony, and I'm a first time car owner. I snagged up a used 2010 Cobalt LT a couple of days back and it's not bad! Gotta bring it in to the dealer again thursday though; they need to see why I got a misfire/engine light and why I keep getting a service traction error code on and off. :/

Other than that, I'm practically in love with the car. It's a bit smaller than my mom's Malibu, but I can't stop wanting to drive it everywhere. (Probably the first time driver feeling more than anything, haha!)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-29-2015, 06:26 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
Believe me, these cars have a habit of growing on their owners. Your feelings will only strengthen over time, at least that was the case for me lol

Now you mentioned mods right? What do you have in mind Anthony? (although fixing that misfire should be a priority)

'07 Eclipse GT build thread - 280whp, 254wtq
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-30-2015, 08:31 PM Thread Starter
Newcomer

Regarding the misfire: This morning I had to take the car in for the visual inspection as required by Geico. ....After driving away, the ride felt smoother and the light has been off the entire day. Same with the SERVICE TRACTION error. Any ideas? The guy opened the hood and closed it... would that have triggered the issue to start? Or fixed it? (Pleeeease forgive any ignorance here X_X )

As for mods, I've got no idea exactly. I'd like to add map lights (I've got none) somehow... either wired directly or a removable battery-powered attachment of some kind. I considered adding a custom plug that goes into the USB/aux ports that keeps them out of the way. Looking at possible mounts to add for my phone.... I dunno what those would be classified as. So far I'm not looking to modify the mechanics of the car - engine and the like. Mostly just visual elements and whatnot..

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-01-2015, 03:56 AM
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plain Jane View Post
Believe me, these cars have a habit of growing on their owners. Your feelings will only strengthen over time, at least that was the case for me lol

Now you mentioned mods right? What do you have in mind Anthony? (although fixing that misfire should be a priority)
Definitely true there.
And anthony, I would even run it to autozone or some car parts store and have them hook up a scanner to read the codes. That should give you a good idea of what was going wrong, plus from there we can help you out more.
Map light I cant help you with because I keep mine off on purpose, but as for phone holder, I bought one of the cheap ones from pep boys (This one actually) and it works well for me.

Quote:
"Ask not what my monster truck can do for you, ask instead what you can do for my monster truck."

-JFK
Quote:
And on this day the good Lord said, 'Let the big wheeled vehicle pass on into Heaven.'
Quote:
Speed isn't everything. Sometimes, you just need a little style and flair in your monster trucking.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-12-2015, 02:35 PM Thread Starter
Newcomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by xfe2008 View Post
Definitely true there.
And anthony, I would even run it to autozone or some car parts store and have them hook up a scanner to read the codes. That should give you a good idea of what was going wrong, plus from there we can help you out more.
Map light I cant help you with because I keep mine off on purpose, but as for phone holder, I bought one of the cheap ones from pep boys (This one actually) and it works well for me.
I've got that EXACT same holder, and I've begun to hate it. I'm going to try to alter the bottom of it so the phone doesn't want to slide forward and slide out of the bottom of the holder. As for the code, the only thing that Pep Boys told me was that it was a misfire and then quoted me for a $160 for a spark plug fix (or something), or a $400 repair including other tweaks and tune ups. Needless to say I'm sticking with my appointment with my dealership.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-23-2015, 01:40 PM
Prospect

Hello Anthony!
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-29-2015, 01:31 AM
Gold Sponsors
YourCobalt.com Authorized VendorForum Regular

Welcome to the forum Anthony! Sounds like you have promising and exciting project. Good luck with all your upgrades and keep us posted!

Also don't forget to post up some pictures of your Cobalt and let the mods begin!

Chevy Cobalt http://www.carid.com/chevy-cobalt-accessories/
Call Toll Free: 800.505.3274 | Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | YouTube
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-29-2015, 04:44 PM
YourCobalt of the Month WinnerVeteran

Garage
Hey welcome! I also have a 2010 LT, done everything from motor work and turbocharging it to suspension and brakes. If you have any questions feel free to ask!

['10 LT 2.2, 15% Tint, Blue LED Dome and Trunk lights, Kenwood 252U, 2 12" Kicker Comps,Delinte D7 Thunder tires, 18in NR10's, Eibach Sportlines, Fe5 Shocks and Struts, Moog Endlinks, ZZP Catback, ZZP Stage 3 Turbo Kit, 8000K HID Halo's,Painted Emblems, Blacked out tailights]

Visit My Showoff!:
https://www.yourcobalt.com/forums/veh...burnie-md.html
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-30-2015, 11:05 AM
Forum Regular

Welcome to the forum!

These cars get addicting. This overall platform is great for beginners. The little things add up.
You start with map lights, then move to audio, then wheels, and so on. It gets addicting. Lmao

Billy
Louisiana
03 Ion-1 Sedan (Topanga)
04 Ion-2
06 Ion Redline
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode