2010 Cobalt Bought Brand New - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
New Member Introductions For new members of YourCobalt.com to introduce themselves!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-11-2015, 05:52 PM Thread Starter
Newcomer

2010 Cobalt Bought Brand New

Hi, my name is Chris from Cincinnati. My 2010 just turned 100k. I bought it new from the dealer with only 15 miles on it. I have loved the car thus far. No mechanical issues except a wheel bearing. That is until lately. At around 90k the transmission started acting up. Pulsating around 20 - 40mph between 2 & 3k rpms. It was hit and miss. One day it would act up and the next no issue. Had the regular maintenance done as suggested and had fluid and filter changed at 91K. Issue was still a hit and miss. Took it back to my mechanic and all fluid levels were good. He drove it, nothing happened. It actually quit for about a month. It hasn't been acting up often. Then today, here we go. Only this time the Check Engine warning came on...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-12-2015, 12:44 PM
Expert

Garage
Firstly, welcome to the forums!

Second, if you could get the codes read (Pepboys/Autozone/Etc. usually do it free), and let us know what you find, that'd help a lot.

Since you've put so many miles on it, I'd definitely suggest going through this thread like a checklist and look at/take care of each item on it.

https://www.yourcobalt.com/forums/pro...-schedule.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plain Jane View Post
Believe me, these cars have a habit of growing on their owners. Your feelings will only strengthen over time...
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-13-2015, 09:34 PM
Forum Regular

Doesn't sound much like a trans issue. If it's pulsating when it wants it may be fuel delivery. On-car cleaning may help remove the varnish deposits that are restricting the injector and restricting fuel deliver issue (IF that is even the case) or even a clogged fuel filter. Worse case it may be fuel injector. This can become a process of elimination. If not a fuel issue it may also be cylinder misfire, usually a bad compression. All in all, it can be just about anything that you can think of. But yes it's best to get a scanner.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-14-2015, 07:27 AM
Super Moderator
YourCobalt.com Premium Member

Garage
If you have a code at least you have a starting point.

Every minute spent angry is a happy minute lost for ever and ever!!!
Drives 2016 Cocoa Buick Encore 1.4L Turbo auto KL4CJDSB2GB652675
Drives 2016 Sunset Orange Trax LT1 1.4L Turbo auto 3GNCJPSB8GL142716

Never drive faster than your guardian angel can fly
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode