Hey Everyone - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
New Member Introductions For new members of YourCobalt.com to introduce themselves!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-06-2016, 11:45 AM Thread Starter
Prospect

Hey Everyone

I have been lurking around since I got my gal in Feb of this year and just haven't had time to say hey, my car is a 2009 Lt2 Coupe she had 101k on her when I got her but now almost 106k, her mpg are amazing coming from driving my other 2 cars a 98 Durango 4x4 and 99.5 Pathy and couldn't be more happy to have gave up the oversized suv's for her However I do wish I would have been able to found a decent Sport or SS or G5 GT but couldn't find any close by at the time
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-06-2016, 12:27 PM
Expert

Garage
Welcome to the forums! Glad to hear you're enjoying it so far. You know, if you boost it, it'd basically be an SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plain Jane View Post
Believe me, these cars have a habit of growing on their owners. Your feelings will only strengthen over time...
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-06-2016, 04:20 PM Thread Starter
Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parthros View Post
Welcome to the forums! Glad to hear you're enjoying it so far. You know, if you boost it, it'd basically be an SS
Thank you, love the MPG for sure and the ride is much better than my Durango but rougher than the Pathy also feels a lot quicker than either as well of course even with the autobox, however the insurance is a little high vs what what I'm use to don't help being on a island that's known for flooding and Hurricanes tho

I wish it was that simple, my girl is just the LT2 without the "S.A> package" looks like a normal LT with the body moldings, sunroof, pioneer and spoiler and 16 inch rims and the fogs and chrome tip on the pipe and caps on the door handles and a Chevy bow tie pin stripe, it didn't get the rockers and SS facials, also had the basic 120 cluster switched to the G5 and fixing to swap the rest of the lights out to match the orange and find a bluetooth/onstar box so I can add the radio controls which I want so much.

What part of Okie are you in, I was raised in the southern part near Ardmore

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-07-2016, 06:26 AM
Expert

Garage
Grew up in northeast OK, but moved to central OK for my job after college.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plain Jane View Post
Believe me, these cars have a habit of growing on their owners. Your feelings will only strengthen over time...
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-07-2016, 06:35 AM
Contributor

Garage
dont let rob hear you have a durango!

The Land Shark is coming for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coby7 View Post
His iron was too hot and to big.
Bone stock 2006 Cobalt LS Laser Blue

https://www.yourcobalt.com/forums/veh...ml#post1340434
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-07-2016, 12:05 PM Thread Starter
Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maple_man View Post
dont let rob hear you have a durango!
I have the old school Rango, mines a 98 loaded besides the sunroof and love the 4x4 for days at the beach however it's a bit too large for everyday driving because our streets are small and with the summer tourist traffic it does good to get 8-10 mpg in all the stop and go 10-40 mph driving so it sits most of the time unless I want to driving on a beach where the Balt can't make it, I must say the Rango is a solid auto for sure I got it from a friend I grew up with her Dad got it new in 98 she got it in 2005 and it's almost at 202k now with no major issues so far "knocks hard on wood for saying that!"

---------- Post added at 01:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:02 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coby7 View Post
For who still use dino oil, WalMart Canada has the Quaker State 4.7 liter on sale for $18.88.
I'm still at a toss on that one since the dealer did the oil when I bought her, thinking of maybe Synthetic or the blend, I might have been wrong when I mentioned the mileage after looking today I'm at 106 closer to 107 now, the Balt is getting lots of weekend trips now since I can explore cheaply unlike with the other cars!
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-07-2016, 04:26 PM
Prospect

Welcome! Pics?
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-10-2016, 11:21 AM Thread Starter
Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoostedSSBalt View Post
Welcome! Pics?
I have a few of her, how do we do the photo's on the site? I was fixing to make my first issue post when I saw your response
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-10-2016, 11:32 AM
Super Moderator
YourCobalt.com Premium Member

Garage
https://www.yourcobalt.com/forums/for...post-pics.html

Every minute spent angry is a happy minute lost for ever and ever!!!
Drives 2016 Cocoa Buick Encore 1.4L Turbo auto KL4CJDSB2GB652675
Drives 2016 Sunset Orange Trax LT1 1.4L Turbo auto 3GNCJPSB8GL142716

Never drive faster than your guardian angel can fly
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-12-2016, 12:05 PM Thread Starter
Prospect

Ok I think I got it, or so I hope!

My car is dirty dirty here, it tends to be rather hard to keep a car clean when you live next to a giant salt pit of blowing sand, salt and water "Gulf of Mexico" even with a garage it's a p.i.a!

I need to add that I did replace my front center caps after they washed down the drain the day after getting her when washing it, also now my sunroof has that lovely click stop push with hand when closing issue, but at least it still works for now!

Overall I still love the car!

One last thing also, I love how the SS's look without the side trim, however the island I live on is very small so parking is horrible, I always try to park alone but still have landed a few dings, how much worse will it be if I do remove the trim and would you remove or leave it on with the issue of such horrible public parking when not at home?

---------- Post added at 01:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:59 PM ----------

Thank you for the link, you guys are so great compared to some forums I have been on in the past, I used to always have the Z cars "the real ones back in the Z31 and Z32 days not the 350 and 370's" and man, those people can be some major D's!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode