Hello and Salutations! - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
New Member Introductions For new members of YourCobalt.com to introduce themselves!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-19-2016, 08:47 AM Thread Starter
Newcomer

Hello and Salutations!

I own a 2009 LS XFE (I have owned it since Dec 2008 ) and am looking to upgrade it. I would like to put in a new radio with Bluetooth, add power windows and locks, put in a short throw shifter, spoiler, possibly change the hood, add a K & M air filter and I'm sure other things I haven't thought of yet.

Whelp thanks for the time and community

Last edited by Coby7; 05-19-2016 at 09:16 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-19-2016, 11:33 AM
Expert

Garage
Welcome to the forums!

Sounds like you wanna do all the things! We'll be glad to help out.

Just off the top of my head, for Bluetooth, I got this instead of changing out the whole radio. You can connect it to your radio via the AUX input, so you don't have to fiddle with the radio frequency "feature."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plain Jane View Post
Believe me, these cars have a habit of growing on their owners. Your feelings will only strengthen over time...
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-19-2016, 11:40 AM
Cobalt Master

I despise those things haha, put a Bluetooth head unit in every vehicle is ever owned since they became reasonably affordable and won't ever go back.
Either way, welcome! There are a lot of things you can do and we are always here to help. Another member is currently working on swapping in power windows and locks, even if you don't plan on doing it any time soon it would definitely be worth reading through and following that thread

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-19-2016, 11:47 AM
Expert

Garage
My brother's Elantra came with Bluetooth standard, and it's definitely nice and much smoother than mine, but I've never found an aftermarket head unit I liked. Besides, I don't even listen to music on my phone in the car often enough to justify it. Maybe that'll change when I get a new car at some point.

---------- Post added at 01:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:45 PM ----------

Here's the link to that thread for the electric locks and windows:

https://www.yourcobalt.com/forums/for...s-mirrors.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plain Jane View Post
Believe me, these cars have a habit of growing on their owners. Your feelings will only strengthen over time...
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-20-2016, 05:03 AM Thread Starter
Newcomer

Thanks for the link to the power doors thread, will definitely keep an eye on that. Does anyone have a recommendation for a wiring harness for the radio? One reason I haven't done the radio yet is any time I've asked for the harness I've been told it's super expensive and not worth it. Thanks again for your help and responses.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-20-2016, 06:07 AM
Cobalt Master

Metra LC-GMRC-LAN-03 Wiring Interface Connect a new car stereo and retain factory door chimes and audible safety warnings in select 2006-12 GM vehicles at Crutchfield.com
It is a little pricy because all the chimes and what not go through the radio, I might be wrong but I believe you can still find just the plugs on amazon or ebay for like 10-15 bucks and do it up like that but you won't have any chimes at all
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-20-2016, 08:06 AM
Super Moderator
YourCobalt.com Premium Member

Garage
I'd pay $45 to get things to work right!!! Nothing I hate more than when something that's suppose to work doesn't work.

Every minute spent angry is a happy minute lost for ever and ever!!!
Drives 2016 Cocoa Buick Encore 1.4L Turbo auto KL4CJDSB2GB652675
Drives 2016 Sunset Orange Trax LT1 1.4L Turbo auto 3GNCJPSB8GL142716

Never drive faster than your guardian angel can fly
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-20-2016, 10:16 AM Thread Starter
Newcomer

Rob thanks for the response! Coby I absolutely agree $45 is not bad to have the correct parts and features. This just literally made my weekend .
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-20-2016, 10:28 AM
Super Moderator
YourCobalt.com Premium Member

Garage
Chimes might save you from overheating or running low on oil someday, so $45 is cheap. So it pings when you forget your keys or seatbelt big WoW! Chimes are more a plus than they are negative imho!

Every minute spent angry is a happy minute lost for ever and ever!!!
Drives 2016 Cocoa Buick Encore 1.4L Turbo auto KL4CJDSB2GB652675
Drives 2016 Sunset Orange Trax LT1 1.4L Turbo auto 3GNCJPSB8GL142716

Never drive faster than your guardian angel can fly
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-20-2016, 11:59 AM
Cobalt Master

Eh, they don't bother me but I would be perfectly fine without them as well. Another thing to remember, at least if you get the head unit from Crutchfield they usually supply you with some of the stuff you need, think I only paid 20 for the harness when I bought my radio, free antenna adapter and dash kit as well
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode