Chevy Cobalt Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hello, new member

700 views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  Parthros 
#1 ·
Hi, I recently bought a 2005 cobalt. It was a flood car that my friend bought his girl. He invested tons of money into it doing struts and shocks and brakes and tires and headlights... Then she drown it lol. The water was above the bcm. I am his mechanic, I did all the work mentioned plus, when he called and said he would sell it to me for 500 bucks I jumped on it. He even paid for the tow truck to drop it off. So interior came out, bcm came out and got washed out with alcohol, everything got a steam clean, then....nothing after the first hour of drying, I kept cleaning the car, removing the foam from the fire wall, washing the bcm connections with alcohol and so on. It acted very crazy running the ac, and flashing the lights... Then after the third hour of drying in the Texas sun, low an behold the damn thing decided to run. Then one by one as I let it run all of the systems came back on line, even the radio works, after yanking the cabin air filter and changing the wipers I have a nice little orange coupe. I'm sure I will need some Info from the site, but as with my other cars most times the members are long gone, or driving nice cars by the time I reach these sites so I search the ghosts of old conversations. In fact that's how I found this site.

#4 ·

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.