New Member from Airdrie, AB, Canada - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
New Member Introductions For new members of YourCobalt.com to introduce themselves!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-13-2017, 02:51 PM Thread Starter
Newcomer

Garage
New Member from Airdrie, AB, Canada

Hello,

I recently picked up a 2009 Cobalt SS to replace a winter daily driver. Car is mostly stock with 102,500 km; I replaced the brakes with R1 concepts components and installed a Trifecta tune. I have a few modifications I want to address come spring - fix the headlights (I can't believe the poor light output of the stock lights), install seat heaters preparing for next winter, and integrate ipod control to the factory Pioneer stereo.

I found the site looking for ideas and doing some research on the car's capabilities. I am a mechanical engineer by trade, but a car-guy at heart.

My current garage includes:

1998 BMW E36 M3 - summer toy
2006 Trailblazer SS - wife's DD
2009 Cobalt SS coupe - my new winter DD
2011 AMG C63 - summer DD

Cheers!

Regards,
Scott.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-13-2017, 06:30 PM
Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by swest View Post
Hello,

I recently picked up a 2009 Cobalt SS to replace a winter daily driver. Car is mostly stock with 102,500 km; I replaced the brakes with R1 concepts components and installed a Trifecta tune. I have a few modifications I want to address come spring - fix the headlights (I can't believe the poor light output of the stock lights), install seat heaters preparing for next winter, and integrate ipod control to the factory Pioneer stereo.

I found the site looking for ideas and doing some research on the car's capabilities. I am a mechanical engineer by trade, but a car-guy at heart.

My current garage includes:

1998 BMW E36 M3 - summer toy
2006 Trailblazer SS - wife's DD
2009 Cobalt SS coupe - my new winter DD
2011 AMG C63 - summer DD

Cheers!

Welcome! The poor headlight output can be fixed with a set of retrofits. They are pretty easy to do, and there are ton of people that make them PM me for more info. I don't know it was an option or not, but the stock radio had the ability to control and ipod VIA the USB port.

2009 Imperial Blue Metallic Cobalt SS/TC Sedan - "Stock":
2008 Victory Red HHR SS - Stock
2005 Chili Pepper Red Ion Redline - Stock
2007 Sunburst Orange Metallic LS Coupe - Sold
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-14-2017, 08:53 AM Thread Starter
Newcomer

Garage
Thanks for the reply,

HID retrofit will be happening - I am a hands-on kind of guy, so probably do it myself with parts from TRS.

My radio does not have the USB port, so no luck there. Also, I know I am getting old when I don't feel safe changing CD's while driving in rush hour, regardless of the fact that it probably falls under distracted driving, which is a ticket-able offence up here...

Lots of things to do this summer once the weather is nice and I can leave the cobalt off the road for a bit while I tinker away.

Regards,
Scott.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-21-2017, 12:00 AM
Gold Sponsors
YourCobalt.com Authorized VendorForum Regular

Welcome to the site! Glad to have you here. Forum like this is the best way to make new friends and learn something new about a passion that runs deep. Hope you stick around and find it useful!

Chevy Cobalt http://www.carid.com/chevy-cobalt-accessories/
Call Toll Free: 800.505.3274 | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode