New to the Cobalt Scene! - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
New Member Introductions For new members of YourCobalt.com to introduce themselves!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-10-2017, 12:00 PM Thread Starter
Prospect

New to the Cobalt Scene!

Hey guys, new guy here!

First off, I joined a different Cobalt forum and they were incredibly inactive and I got no help for the question I was asking. Hopefully it's a bit better over here.

Right now I'm trying to find reputable websites to purchase parts for my 2010 LT Sedan. Recently I've been browsing body kits for example and I can't find myself coming to a rational decision on purchasing any of them I've looked at. Main reason being they all seem very uninformative and down right sketchy; pictures of non sedan pieces, the same pictures being in multiple different kits but yet product description shows otherwise. If anyone would care to point me in the right direction regarding parts of all categories; engine, exhaust, body kits, accessories, mirrors, lights, you name it!

Any informative help would be greatly appreciated, thank you! :D
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-10-2017, 02:34 PM
Expert

Garage
Welcome to the forums!

I'm personally not a good person to recommend a body kit, because I'm not a huge fan of them, lol. If you don't mind a more subdued look, you could get the SS Turbo body kit, which'd give you a more aggressive look than the stock base model stuff. I think Everything Cobalt : Chevrolet Cobalt Parts, Upgrades and Accessories might have some bodykits too if you want something more flashy than the stock Cobalt SS look.

For your basic bolt ons, my thread filled with me asking noob questions would probably be a pretty good read.

https://www.yourcobalt.com/forums/eng...st-please.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plain Jane View Post
Believe me, these cars have a habit of growing on their owners. Your feelings will only strengthen over time...
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-10-2017, 02:45 PM
Super Moderator
YourCobalt.com Premium Member

Garage
http://i1107.photobucket.com/albums/...pskd0f6erq.gif

Every minute spent angry is a happy minute lost for ever and ever!!!
Drives 2016 Cocoa Buick Encore 1.4L Turbo auto KL4CJDSB2GB652675
Drives 2016 Sunset Orange Trax LT1 1.4L Turbo auto 3GNCJPSB8GL142716

Never drive faster than your guardian angel can fly

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-10-2017, 03:06 PM Thread Starter
Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parthros View Post
Welcome to the forums!

I'm personally not a good person to recommend a body kit, because I'm not a huge fan of them, lol. If you don't mind a more subdued look, you could get the SS Turbo body kit, which'd give you a more aggressive look than the stock base model stuff. I think Everything Cobalt : Chevrolet Cobalt Parts, Upgrades and Accessories might have some bodykits too if you want something more flashy than the stock Cobalt SS look.

For your basic bolt ons, my thread filled with me asking noob questions would probably be a pretty good read.

https://www.yourcobalt.com/forums/eng...st-please.html
Thanks for the response, Parthros. Yeah, most body kits I'm not a huge fan of either. I mainly just want a different looking front bumper without those ugly slatted covered "grill" areas, lol. I've done a little looking around today and came across ZZP, I saw they have a turbo upgrade kit for a 2.2 auto trans Cobalt which tickled my fancy a bit. :D
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-11-2017, 07:16 AM
Expert

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethos View Post
Thanks for the response, Parthros. Yeah, most body kits I'm not a huge fan of either. I mainly just want a different looking front bumper without those ugly slatted covered "grill" areas, lol. I've done a little looking around today and came across ZZP, I saw they have a turbo upgrade kit for a 2.2 auto trans Cobalt which tickled my fancy a bit. :D
Ugly slatted grill areas??? We might have different tastes in style... I'm pretty sure that website I linked to has something without those. You could also look into swapping in the SS Turbo grill, which has more of a lattice design rather than slats.

As for that turbo kit, I've got a few pieces of advice.
  1. If you know you're gonna turbo, then don't bother buying a header/downpipe before you buy a turbo since it'll be replaced with a turbo exhaust manifold/downpipe anyway.
  2. Try to piece together the kit if at all possible. I bought their supercharger kit and had a few issues with it. Check out my build thread.
  3. If you boost your car (SC or TC), buy good injectors instead of the crap that comes with ZZP's kits. MP81 has Lucas 42# for his SC setup, and hasn't had any issues. I had the Siemens from ZZP's SC kit and just recently had one fail on the highway.
  4. Find a good tuner. Don't settle for a street tune; have it put on the dyno. It'll probably run you somewhere around $500 to $600, but it's worth it. (Trifecta's email tune is actually really solid too, but they don't do base models anymore.)

---------- Post added at 09:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:16 AM ----------

Man, I'm glad I copy/pasted that into notepad before clicking Submit. Darn forum hung up and I would have lost the post.

Quote:
Believe me, these cars have a habit of growing on their owners. Your feelings will only strengthen over time...
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-11-2017, 07:37 AM
Super Moderator
YourCobalt.com Premium Member

Garage
Did this to my 2010. Swapped the ugly front bumper for the sport bumper.

http://i1107.photobucket.com/albums/...ps296ca58b.jpg

Every minute spent angry is a happy minute lost for ever and ever!!!
Drives 2016 Cocoa Buick Encore 1.4L Turbo auto KL4CJDSB2GB652675
Drives 2016 Sunset Orange Trax LT1 1.4L Turbo auto 3GNCJPSB8GL142716

Never drive faster than your guardian angel can fly

Last edited by Coby7; 07-11-2017 at 06:55 PM.
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-11-2017, 11:00 AM Thread Starter
Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parthros View Post
Ugly slatted grill areas??? We might have different tastes in style... I'm pretty sure that website I linked to has something without those. You could also look into swapping in the SS Turbo grill, which has more of a lattice design rather than slats.
I'm referring to the stock 2010 LT Sedan front bumper, it's hideous. The one you showed isn't too bad, I'm just personally not a fan of fog lights. I'm starting to go through and make a giant parts list of things I want, I'm going to make a build progress thread here soon. :D

---------- Post added at 10:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:56 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coby7 View Post
Did this to my 2010. Swapped the ugly front bumper for the sport bumper.

http://i1107.photobucket.com/albums/...s296ca58b.jpg]
Unfortunately I'm not able to see the images you posted for whatever reason, lol. :(

Last edited by Coby7; 07-11-2017 at 06:55 PM.
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-11-2017, 11:37 AM
Contributor

I wish foto blucket would get their mouth off the exhaust pipe

Try 2...save image

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrob5382 View Post
thats the stock sport bumper,.....
That's Coby7's bumper
The low rez image from my ipad hak of fotobluket does not do justice to the details.

BC

Last edited by 1966tbird; 07-11-2017 at 04:08 PM.
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-11-2017, 03:20 PM Thread Starter
Prospect

^ That's not too bad of a front bumper.
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-11-2017, 03:37 PM
Cobalt Master

thats the stock sport bumper, really the best way to go for these cars

Quote:
Speed isn't everything. Sometimes, you just need a little style and flare in your motoring.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Tags
@coby7

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode