cant have anything nice around here! - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Off Topic Chat Talk about anything your mind can come up with!

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-04-2009, 09:22 PM Thread Starter
Staff Alumni
YourCobalt.com Premium Member


 
scagnetti76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Helena Mt
Posts: 3,700
Garage
Angry cant have anything nice around here!

so saturday night someone tried to steal my gf's car! they DESTROYED the ignition. at least she has chip keys, so they couldnt get the car. when that didnt work the jacked the stereo system. and they stole all her cd's. i didnt even think people stole cd's anymore! so without going into anymore of a rant. i wondering from you tech wizards, what do you recommend for alarm systems? i heard viper makes one that sets an alarm off on your keyring too. is that what they mean when they say two way transmitter?

on a good note, her mom is talking about helping her get a brand new car. she is thinking a civic si sedan. i gotta admit, im kinda jealous. but now the two of us might have to stop making fun of v-tec yo!
scagnetti76 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-04-2009, 09:29 PM
Cobalt Specialist
 
B-Low187's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: FL
Posts: 1,119
damn dude that sux. sorry to hear that.

i dont have an alarm at the moment but i herad alot of good stuff about viper and thats most likely what ill get. and im not sure but i believe thats what that means
B-Low187 is offline  
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-04-2009, 09:35 PM Thread Starter
Staff Alumni
YourCobalt.com Premium Member


 
scagnetti76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Helena Mt
Posts: 3,700
Garage
yeah wtf? its a neon se. there are bmw's, g35's and other cars around here. lets get the neon. god im so pissed!!!
i want the two way if thats what that means, let that ****ing thing go off in the middle of the night!
besides the alarm, i dont even want to do anything else to my car until we move. im even thinking of putting my stock wheels on to make it look worse! i ****ing hate this place!!!!!
scagnetti76 is offline  
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-04-2009, 10:17 PM Thread Starter
Staff Alumni
YourCobalt.com Premium Member


 
scagnetti76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Helena Mt
Posts: 3,700
Garage
anybody know anything about the k20z3? or the new si's in general. cobaltkrazy, im looking at you.
scagnetti76 is offline  
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-04-2009, 10:54 PM
Contributor
 
PLUR13's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 485
Yes, that's what Viper means by two-way remote. My suggestion would be to get the Viper 791XV. It's the best alarm/remote start out there in most ppl's opinions. The stereo shop I worked at used to sell atleast one of those a day on average.


www.myspace.com/07cobalt
www.myspace.com/x_pro
http://www.cardomain.com/id/TeamNVSprez



Sponsored by:
Scott's Body Shop
Chaser Aerodynamics/Aerokits.com
Mothers Polishes, Waxes, Cleaners
AIT Racing
PLUR13 is offline  
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-04-2009, 11:01 PM Thread Starter
Staff Alumni
YourCobalt.com Premium Member


 
scagnetti76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Helena Mt
Posts: 3,700
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUR13 View Post
Yes, that's what Viper means by two-way remote. My suggestion would be to get the Viper 791XV. It's the best alarm/remote start out there in most ppl's opinions. The stereo shop I worked at used to sell atleast one of those a day on average.
thanks man! i dont even have a system, but my car looks like it would. and i dont want a broken window, or worse, ignition!
oh, and how hard are they to install? should i just pay for this one?

thanks for the model number too! i was looking at basically the same one on vipers site for around 300. found that model number on other sites from 100-200 bucks! you rock dude!

Last edited by scagnetti76; 05-04-2009 at 11:16 PM.
scagnetti76 is offline  
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-05-2009, 02:30 AM
Cobalt Master
 
cobaltkrazy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 1,538
Ok, the K20 motors are quite the die hard motors, reliable, efficient, and tuneable. Found in most Hondas(and some Acuras), it's the workhorse of the generic Honda platforms.

As for the new SI, they are actually turning out quite the numbers in the performance category (but still not as good as the turbo balts, lo)

When it comes to remote car starters, and the "two-way transmitters"* the Titan system of remote starters is probably the best way to go here, with the all new "text start" system, which allows you to start your car from anywhere you get a signal!!!!

It's al your choice really.

*key fob that notifies you about your vehicle's function

Cobaltkrazy: Turning aftermarket parts to dust, since 2006!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakdOut07LT View Post
ill be the DRUNKEST mofo there btw can someone keep an eye on my kid while i go get another beer?
How to post pics:
https://www.yourcobalt.com/forums/ins...tml#post169806
cobaltkrazy is offline  
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-05-2009, 03:34 PM
Contributor
 
PLUR13's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 485
Quote:
Originally Posted by cobaltkrazy View Post
When it comes to remote car starters, and the "two-way transmitters"* the Titan system of remote starters is probably the best way to go here, with the all new "text start" system, which allows you to start your car from anywhere you get a signal!!!!

It's al your choice really.

*key fob that notifies you about your vehicle's function
The Viper systems do the same thing. Plus Viper has a much longer history behind it of it being the best on the market.


www.myspace.com/07cobalt
www.myspace.com/x_pro
http://www.cardomain.com/id/TeamNVSprez



Sponsored by:
Scott's Body Shop
Chaser Aerodynamics/Aerokits.com
Mothers Polishes, Waxes, Cleaners
AIT Racing
PLUR13 is offline  
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-05-2009, 03:52 PM Thread Starter
Staff Alumni
YourCobalt.com Premium Member


 
scagnetti76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Helena Mt
Posts: 3,700
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by cobaltkrazy View Post
Ok, the K20 motors are quite the die hard motors, reliable, efficient, and tuneable. Found in most Hondas(and some Acuras), it's the workhorse of the generic Honda platforms.

As for the new SI, they are actually turning out quite the numbers in the performance category (but still not as good as the turbo balts, lo)

When it comes to remote car starters, and the "two-way transmitters"* the Titan system of remote starters is probably the best way to go here, with the all new "text start" system, which allows you to start your car from anywhere you get a signal!!!!

It's al your choice really.

*key fob that notifies you about your vehicle's function
ya, i tried to talk her into the LNF, but her mom is paying a big chunk for the car if she gets it. and her mom doesnt approve. lol. re sale value and all that stuff that you dont get out of chevy. but the si isnt a bad choice either. and it would be a little emasculating for my gf to drive an LNF and me a 2.2.

thanks for everyones input!!!!!!
scagnetti76 is offline  
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-05-2009, 09:47 PM Thread Starter
Staff Alumni
YourCobalt.com Premium Member


 
scagnetti76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Helena Mt
Posts: 3,700
Garage
here is a (blurry) pic of whats left of the ignition.
scagnetti76 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome