SRT-4 Accident - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Off Topic Chat Talk about anything your mind can come up with!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-31-2009, 12:10 PM Thread Starter
Forum Regular

SRT-4 Accident

YouTube - SRT-4 Accident

Came across this video while searchin some vids today and it just floored me. I've been in 3 wrecks myself, 2 of them my fault and one that nearly killed me. Public roads are not the place to horse around :(

XBL Gamertag: The Uberklaw
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-31-2009, 03:11 PM
OBZ
Staff AlumniDedicated

Old video, but very enlightening. EVERYBODY needs to know that this is the kind of stuff that happens when you drive stupid on the road!

Good post!

"A wise man speaks because he has something to say,
A fool speaks because he has to say something"
OBZ's showoff thread!
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-31-2009, 05:09 PM
Contributor

Send a message via AIM to IncrediBalt
and yet read the comments and realize it did little good to some people. Funny thing is, he never even gave specific details about the crash and yet people are bashing him for trying to prevent another tragedy. Effin' kids think they're invincible until it happens to them or someone they love. Shoot one kid who commented had an accident that ejected 2 people from his car and he still didn't learn.

White '07 LT coupe with lotsa purple stuff.
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-31-2009, 08:45 PM Thread Starter
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBZ View Post
Old video, but very enlightening. EVERYBODY needs to know that this is the kind of stuff that happens when you drive stupid on the road!

Good post!
Exactly, I learned the hard way and it wasn't pleasent.

Here is my example of what happens when you drive stupid on the road...

Notice anything odd about the engine compartment? There's more but that's the jist of it.

I was young and stupid at the time of that wreck, thought I would never wreck. I'm still young but alot less stupid after what I went through then.

post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-31-2009, 08:47 PM
OBZ
Staff AlumniDedicated

Damn bro! that looks like it was a bad wreck! glad you made it out ok! Was that an ION? I see an ecotec!

OBZ's showoff thread!
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-31-2009, 08:56 PM Thread Starter
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBZ View Post
Damn bro! that looks like it was a bad wreck! glad you made it out ok! Was that an ION? I see an ecotec!
Yea it was pretty bad, I pulled out in front of a jeep going roughly 65-70 mph and he hit me between the driver side wheel well and my door, had 4 of my friends in the car with me at the time too. I hated myself for a good while after that for putting their lives in danger because I made a stupid mistake. It made me think about everything I do on the road now. I made it out with a severely bruised rotator cuff on my left shoulder(they thought it was torn at first), busted lip and cuts from the windshield shattering. Ended up going into shock at the hospital. Luckily my friends got out alright, but the other driver suffered a broken thigh bone and I felt so freaking bad for that afterward.

And nah it was just an '03 L-Series.

Last edited by Skie; 05-31-2009 at 08:58 PM.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-01-2009, 01:04 AM
Banned

man good find never seen that before, i'd be interested to know exactly what happened but man crazy how in just an instant things change... i've had my stupid driving accident too only coast me 3500 and no one got hurt but at the same time it opened my eyes...

story:
i was trying to impress some girl i was dating at the time i was driving an 02 mitsu lancer oz rally and it was lightly raining and i was pulled the ebrake and sliding through turns on this old back road, was doing pretty good until i slide a lil to far into the oncoming lane on a blind turn and hit a guy almost headon, he swirved off the road and i hit him about his driver door and we glanced off one another. what bothered me the most i got out and ran to his car and i seen a carseat in the back and i broke down, thought there was a baby in the car, luckly the guy had just dropped off his 6 month old son at his ex wifes... i've never done anything like that again, however i seem to weekly get in road rage episodes with random drivers that do stupid stuff, in which i end up doing stupid stuff back and forth with the person, until reality sets in and i flash back to my previous stupidity. its weird no matter how many times we see stuff like this or even have things happen we don't always clearly change as the guy in the video says he did. i had a friend that was in a wreck very similar to that guys but my friend broke almost every bone from his chest down. and he is still out there driving like he always did.

driving fast isn't always driving careless. and they don't always go hand and hand.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-02-2009, 04:58 PM
OBZ
Staff AlumniDedicated

Quote:
Originally Posted by knoxbox View Post
driving fast isn't always driving careless. and they don't always go hand and hand.
QFT
Its like there is a big difference in driving spiritedly and driving stupid!

OBZ's showoff thread!
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-02-2009, 05:34 PM
Expert

Here's my accident. Tried to go around a semi in weather that I shouldn't have tried to go around him in...

post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-02-2009, 05:35 PM
Expert

Fish tailed and flipped over 4 or 5 times before landing right side up... It was not fun.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode